Do the Taiwanese have a Conscience?

I like the modern Japanese, in general. They seem to have a nice orderly society in place. But their soldiers conduct in WW2 was markedly different from Uncle Sam’s troops.

Crystaleye has a thing against taiwanese claiming to have a heart. Many don’t but at least the majority are being told by the govt to have a heart. Better then a national policy of rampant nationalism and anti-foreigner sentiments. At least Taiwanese are generally kind to tourists and other visitors.

The foreign workers in Taiwans plight is not much worse then in many other countries. If it was they would have left.

I invite Cyrstaleyes to share his ethnicity , citizenship and experience in taiwan leading to his view point?

I think it’s not important what is the background of the OP. fact is Taiwanese do treat people differently due to background and race, which is different than their oft spoken of extreme friendliness to foreign visitors.

Treatment of animals is also subpar here in general, although improving very quickly.

Yes we know worse happens overseas let’s not bother doing the silly comparison thing. Choosing the Japanese as a model for the heart of Asia was pretty bizarre though!

Perhaps there not nor should be a “heart of Asia” for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

My point is the TW govt seems to at least aspire to lead its citizenry to have a heart, to promote this. And this is better then a national policy of alienation of anything foreign. Or to promote antagonism against foreigners.

It may not work, TWnese are a people like any others. Some are good, some are downright evil. Some are hideous while others are kind.

I dont think there is a national contest of which nation is nicer in Asia. Everyone’s tourist board promotes itself so , as that is the job of a tourist board.

Why does the OP :

1. feel TWnese are a collective unit and forgets that all are individual. They are not cookie cutter products.
  2. feel that Taiwanese should be singled out for special treatment (in this case special ridicule).
  3. persists in being racist and type casting.

We are all guilty of such in a way. A lot of people feel Koreans are overly nationalistic and believe only anything Korean is of value and foreign less so. That they are supremely proud of themselves. And there seems to be many Koreans who may fit this bill.

Taiwanese feel they are nice to foreigners and welcoming of them. Perhaps this isnt true, but would you rather they decided not to even bother ?

Scotland’s one right now is promoting a Scotland that’s no more than the figment of the new Pixar/Disney movie! They’re hoping to make millions of tourist dollars off people who watch a fricking cartoon and think to themselves “I’d like to go there.”
Sure, they note that Braveheart, Da Vinci Code, LOTR, but those features REAL places, not cartoon drawings.
You cannot make this stuff up, I swear!

Well, today’s Apple Daily has a supplemnet about visiting Scotland. I may not be intersted in the whisky production facilities, but those idyllic towns and lakes sure caught my attention.

Yup. The papers are FULL of visit Scotland this, visit Scotland that, visit Scotland the other. Its a fucking CARTOON, people! One that I REALLY want to see, true, but as for its depiction of the place?
I’m also glad they cast Kelly McDonald instead of their first choice – Reese Witherspoon! :unamused:
One of the most irritating aspects of that How to Train Your Dragon cartoon is how come the adult Scandinavians all have thick Scottish accents yet their offspring sound they were born and raised in California. :laughing:

Sandy, the image of Scotland I have in my head is much, much worse than mere dragons, it is derived from Japanese cartoons. Have you ever seen Candy Candy? :laughing:

At least dragons we can relate to Loch Ness. :roflmao:

Where were you living, sandman? We drove about halfway across Scotland last year and came across plenty of idyllic villages and craggy landscapes. On one stretch we drove for a couple of hours with barely any evidence of human influence. Nice.

No dragons, though. :fatchance:

You mean by being a bunch of money-loving, corrupt, racist big heads??

But like I said before, the Taiwanese aren’t really nice to or mean to white people. They are by and large down right nasty to pretty much everyone else, though…At my company, the Vientnamese workers just arrived. The boss wants them because he can make them not take any days off. (Pretty much his exact words.)

Where were you living, sandman? We drove about halfway across Scotland last year and came across plenty of idyllic villages and craggy landscapes. On one stretch we drove for a couple of hours with barely any evidence of human influence. Nice.

No dragons, though. :fatchance:[/quote]
About six miles outside Aviemore. Picture postcard land. Real life, though. Not cartoons. That’s the point. It looks like what it is – a beautifully rendered work of animation art by the best in the business. Ach, doesn’t matter I don’t suppose, as long as the punters come and spend their cash.

I dunno what this cartoon is you mention that features Scotland. As usual the message here is, “keep the f8Ck out,” The commonwealth games are gonna be in Edinburgh next (?) year and the local staff working in any govt capacity are being given politeness training and elocution lessons. SO instead of shouting, “gerr yer tits oot,” they will politely say, " get YOUR tits OUT," to passers by.

Crystaleye,

It saddens me to great extent to think that your rose colored glasses have fallen from your face and smashed into a million pieces on the sidewalk. I’ve been perusing your past postings and trying to piece together where the “Taiwan experience” went all wrong for you within merely a little over two years from the date of your arrival. Everything seemed to be going well for you and you had a wonderfully upbeat, albeit naive, expectations of what Taiwan had in store for you. You were ready for permanent residency, citizenship, and to ultimately live in Taiwan to the end of your days. Apparently, only CFimages had an accurate premonition of what was actually in store for you.

I truly only wish you the best in all your future endeavors and hope that you can get back your past positive, can-do attitude of days gone by.

Staying completely away from Taiwan, subjects of Taiwan and online forums dedicated to Taiwan would be a good start and step in the correct direction to restoring your mental health.

Best wishes,

Cody

Wow! The harbinger of doom speaks. :astonished:

But, you are much wiser and worldly than most of us due to your extensive life experiences in Asia. Thus, your rebuttal to Cfimages’ innocent query. :loco:

Missionary? You mean like as in a religious missionary? I always assumed that you meant “missionary” as in sex position based on all your postings regarding dating & relationships. :pray:

So, get your Taiwanese citizenship and then immediately go on welfare if it’s available? Was that your plan? Interesting angle.

Your gut instinct appears to have been incorrect. :doh:

Really? I never would have guessed it.

You should write a cultural anthropological book regarding your experiences. I’m certain they would be on the list of must reads for all university 101 classes dealing with the cultural aspects of Asia.

[quote=“crystaleye on 10-21-2009”]Now if I move to HK or even Taiwan, yes I might marry a non-asian or even an asian non-HK/non-Taiwan woman. But for those married in here, you would find that women are extremely insecure creatures. They need to have constant contact with human beings ie family friends lovers. So it would make sense that I marry a girl whose family is physically close by. Thus if we have an argument or if I am overseas for too long, the wifey can just run off to her family to whinge instead of looking for another dickhead. Married husband-slaves, tell me this theory is wrong [color=#FF0000]Which is why I have to marry a HK woman in HK or a Taiwanese woman in Taiwan.[/color] That way, her family would be close by.

Then of course there are the environmental factors. You can deny it that your living environment has an impact on your psyche. What’s wrong with China’s environment? It is too crowded, too filthy, too backwards. Therefore, the consciousness and evolutionary psyche of the chinese people can’t compare with people living in other countries.

When I was living in Australia, there were plenty of asians including Mainlander Chinese living there. However, the psyche of Overseas Chinese is radically different from the psyche of Chinese living in China. Overseas Chinese gradually assimilate the behavioral traits of the majority population in their new country thus you would find ABCs, BBCs or CBCs and their Chinese parents to be more gentile and civilized in their manner. Similarly, foreigners who live in China for a long period of time gradually assimilate the behavioral traits of the Chinese. Long-time foreigner residents in China became more hungry, more vicious, less trusting. You can just see their hearts through their eyes. When in Rome, do as Romans do, I suppose.

This leaves HK or Taiwan as the remaining choices for me to choose as my future home country. I think this topic is not only gonna cover the behavioral traits of HK/Taiwanese girls, it is also gonna cover the behavioral traits of HK/Taiwanese parents and the life-styles in HK and Taiwan.[/quote]

Still feeling the Taiwan groove after one full year in “paradise”. I don’t see anything holding you back from your hopes and dreams!

I’m assuming that this is where things in Taiwan started to take a turn for the worse. :astonished:

And a few months later the stars in your eyes have burned out and fallen out of the sky. :cry: I recommend that you put down the bong, immediately.

Don’t worry, you’ll never be forgotten due to the magic of Forumosa. If you post it, it will be remembered long after you are gone. :doh:

Although you no longer live in Taiwan, you still feel the need to come back to Forumosa and “contribute” to Forumosa. Why? :ponder:
Do you feel that this is a healthy way to express the disappointment you encountered whilst living your Taiwan dream?

That’s hilarious…all the way up…and all the way down again. Manic depressive methinks.

Ha, nice one, Northcoast Surfer.

[quote=“crystaleye”]Taiwan is simply not qualified to call itself the heart of asia. For Taiwan simply does not have the morals, the conscience, the purification of the soul needed for it to be a heart.

Japan would be a much better choice to be the heart of asia instead.[/quote]

For the most part I am with you. Although I blame chinese culture which once you get to know it a little better sucks really bad because its based so extremely on personal gain.
However, just because you have a little breakdown (which I guess most people who live in China or Taiwan for a while have every now and then) you still should do some research. Japanese may have their awesome customs and culture but that didn’t stop them from being major racists towards chinese and others. Also there is the Nanjing thing, japanese experiments on chinese during ww2 (if i remember that one correctly) and stuff like the historical pictures that I saw from the time of the japanese in Taiwan. Squad of japanese soldiers posing with maybe 20 chopped off heads of little native kids… punishing expedition.

In all countries you have people that suck. Its just that in some coutries their culture may keep them from sucking too badly or makes them look really good. Traditional chinese culture sadly does the opposite and encourages being a self centered (family centered) ass and after some time there it becomes really hard to ignore. Thats why I admire the few sincerely nice and compassionate Taiwanese that I have gotten to know all the more for being so awesome that they could escape this culture thing.

[quote=“crystaleye”]
The word “Conscience” does not exist in Taiwanese/Chinese/HKese dictionaries.[/quote]

Maybe you need a better dictionary? Mine says 良心。

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]
Although you no longer live in Taiwan, you still feel the need to come back to Forumosa and “contribute” to Forumosa. Why? :ponder:
Do you feel that this is a healthy way to express the disappointment you encountered whilst living your Taiwan dream?

You got THAT one wrong, Surfer. His Taiwan experience went awry coz of the commies next door. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Absolutely…fucking…schooled. :laughing: :laughing:

What a basket case. LOL.

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]Crystaleye,

It saddens me to great extent to think that your rose colored glasses have fallen from your face and smashed into a million pieces on the sidewalk. I’ve been perusing your past postings and trying to piece together where the “Taiwan experience” went all wrong for you within merely a little over two years from the date of your arrival. Everything seemed to be going well for you and you had a wonderfully upbeat, albeit naive, expectations of what Taiwan had in store for you. You were ready for permanent residency, citizenship, and to ultimately live in Taiwan to the end of your days. Apparently, only CFimages had an accurate premonition of what was actually in store for you.

I truly only wish you the best in all your future endeavors and hope that you can get back your past positive, can-do attitude of days gone by.

Staying completely away from Taiwan, subjects of Taiwan and online forums dedicated to Taiwan would be a good start and step in the correct direction to restoring your mental health.

Best wishes,

Cody

Wow! The harbinger of doom speaks. :astonished:

But, you are much wiser and worldly than most of us due to your extensive life experiences in Asia. Thus, your rebuttal to Cfimages’ innocent query. :loco:

Missionary? You mean like as in a religious missionary? I always assumed that you meant “missionary” as in sex position based on all your postings regarding dating & relationships. :pray:

So, get your Taiwanese citizenship and then immediately go on welfare if it’s available? Was that your plan? Interesting angle.

Your gut instinct appears to have been incorrect. :doh:

Really? I never would have guessed it.

You should write a cultural anthropological book regarding your experiences. I’m certain they would be on the list of must reads for all university 101 classes dealing with the cultural aspects of Asia.

[quote=“crystaleye on 10-21-2009”]Now if I move to HK or even Taiwan, yes I might marry a non-asian or even an Asian non-HK/non-Taiwan woman. But for those married in here, you would find that women are extremely insecure creatures. They need to have constant contact with human beings ie family friends lovers. So it would make sense that I marry a girl whose family is physically close by. Thus if we have an argument or if I am overseas for too long, the wifey can just run off to her family to whinge instead of looking for another dickhead. Married husband-slaves, tell me this theory is wrong [color=#FF0000]Which is why I have to marry a HK woman in HK or a Taiwanese woman in Taiwan.[/color] That way, her family would be close by.

Then of course there are the environmental factors. You can deny it that your living environment has an impact on your psyche. What’s wrong with China’s environment? It is too crowded, too filthy, too backwards. Therefore, the consciousness and evolutionary psyche of the chinese people can’t compare with people living in other countries.

When I was living in Australia, there were plenty of asians including Mainlander Chinese living there. However, the psyche of Overseas Chinese is radically different from the psyche of Chinese living in China. Overseas Chinese gradually assimilate the behavioral traits of the majority population in their new country thus you would find ABCs, BBCs or CBCs and their Chinese parents to be more gentile and civilized in their manner. Similarly, foreigners who live in China for a long period of time gradually assimilate the behavioral traits of the Chinese. Long-time foreigner residents in China became more hungry, more vicious, less trusting. You can just see their hearts through their eyes. When in Rome, do as Romans do, I suppose.

This leaves HK or Taiwan as the remaining choices for me to choose as my future home country. I think this topic is not only gonna cover the behavioral traits of HK/Taiwanese girls, it is also gonna cover the behavioral traits of HK/Taiwanese parents and the life-styles in HK and Taiwan.[/quote]

Still feeling the Taiwan groove after one full year in “paradise”. I don’t see anything holding you back from your hopes and dreams!

I’m assuming that this is where things in Taiwan started to take a turn for the worse. :astonished:

And a few months later the stars in your eyes have burned out and fallen out of the sky. :cry: I recommend that you put down the bong, immediately.

Don’t worry, you’ll never be forgotten due to the magic of Forumosa. If you post it, it will be remembered long after you are gone. :doh:

Nice online profiling!
But, so what?
Someone has finally arrived in Taiwan. I mean all the way.
The people laughing are either arrogant beyond … or missing life-experience. (wisdom)
I don’t see my retirement either.

Everything looks quite pinky right now. However, doing the maths, I can see how this could end in desperation one day.
And I don’t think that Taiwanese society knows much mercy.

Instead being so spiteful, you better ask what happened to have caused this much change in attitude/sentiment.
It could prevent you from making posts like this in the future.

Oh God!!!What if someone put together MY profile on this forum. Ah! But all my good work was in Temp. :laughing: