šŸ˜· COVID - Do USA arrivals need PCR test to come to Taiwan?

Given the large numbers of infected arrivals I assume USA people donā€™t need PCR prior to boarding flights to taiwan?

Yes they do.

1 Like

How are so many getting infected in the last few hours before they board the plane but after the test administered?

Itā€™s not a few hours, is it? The test is administered a day or two before boarding. And that only measures if you caught the virus a couple of days before that. So youā€™re looking at a few days, including the flight itself, when they may get infected.

3 Likes

All it takes is one to slip through the cracks on a long flight.

So all these people are wandering around the last two years - never getting infected, then they get tested 48 hours before the flight, then they suddenly go out and get infected just prior to the flight?

1 Like

Nope false. Many are being caught at the airport now, that is NOT enough incubation time for a positive result.

16-20 hours in an enclosed space is ā€˜not enough timeā€™ for omicron?

3 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve had that problemā€¦ very troublesome

3 Likes

Feel free to back up your claim with a link.

Letā€™s rephrase that thought.

When we flew here, July 2020, we were currently in a lockdown city. We didnā€™t see anyone, until the movers blitzed through, and the PCR test itself, then a hotel for two nights before the flight, and where did we eat our meals for those two days?

Ever wonder how easy it would be to falsify a pcr test report? The boarding agent almost rejected us, because she didnā€™t see where it said ā€œpcr testā€, and it was the genuine deal.

to contract it, yes, but incubation, now that I think of it, doesnā€™t omicron replicate very quickly? Iā€™ll try to source that then come back, just a vague recall from the current covid developments thread.

1 Like

A lot of people who never got infected are getting infected right now.

But if youā€™re wondering if some kind of shenanigans are happening to get on flights, yeah, Iā€™ve wondered the same.

Itā€™s enough time to catch it, but Iā€™m not sure itā€™s enough time for it to show up on a test at the airport. Iā€™m sure plenty of those testing positive in quarantine did catch it in transit, whether in the airports or on the plane. (Iā€™ve been morbidly curious about what those testing waiting areas are like.)

Yes there has to be shenanigans somewhere, fake PCR tests?

I guarantee itā€™s been tried. I mean the very short window required to produce results coupled with the high cost of air travel/ quarantine hotel stays is practically begging people to use forgery out of desperation

Yep I agree with you, must be forgery going on. Nothing else adds up.

Where the duck :duck: do these people come from? Just randomly one day visit the site to vent their spleen on anyone who dares to argue with them.

4 Likes

Are they really testing in the airport now? Or do you mean the spit test when you land?

I just know you must wait for results of test before proceeding from airport. Not sure if itā€™s still just the spit test.

It was in the news this week.

In this thread people also talk about requirements for returning from US.

2 Likes