Do you eat the recommended amount of daily food products?

Do you eat enough of the recommended food groups?

• I try… sometimes I make it, I sometimes I don’t
  • we have recommended food groups?
  • oh yes, and I take my daily suppliments if I don’t

0 voters

I don’t know if I ever do… I don’t know if I ever can eta 6 -11 servings of vegetables a day

Good question, 411babygirl. Welcome!

I don’t eat meat so it’s more difficult to get protein, but I try to get it via soy products and eggs. Even that can be difficult sometimes as it’s so much hard work to walk 2 minutes to buy dinner, so I have a protein shake instead. Even that is troublesome to make as you got to walk a whole 10 seconds to the kitchen. Then you got to wash the glass. But I digress.

In Taiwan the four food groups are sugar, oil, MSG, and corn starch so it’s hard to be good.

Is beer/coffee considered a food group?

I wish I did. Cooking when you are single bites (no pun intended). One reason I look forward to arriving in Taiwan…Food available 24-7 baby! :hungry:

I decided today to get on a strict work out / diet routine until I come. You know, trying to impress the GF and all. hehe…she hasnt seen me for 5 months and it will be another 3 until I arrive…plenty of time to get my six pack back…ok ok 4 pack :blush: (what can I say…I’m a skinny guy :raspberry: )

I noticed a drastic change in my diet when i moved back to the US. ie: more sugar, more fats, more carbs…less fresh fruits and vegies, less water (more junk drinks) and less full 3 meals a day. Because of this, I feel less rested, less energetic, and not really happy with how i look. All that in just 5 months! See, I need to get out of this crazy place ASAP! :help: :hungry:

I had to read that three times. Two speed reads still made no sense so I had to go back for a proper read.

[quote]I decided today to get on a strict work out / diet routine until I come. You know, trying to impress the GF and all.[/quote] :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I eat fruits, chocolate, icecream and various dairy products. That’s my four food groups.

I couldn’t vote in the poll, cause I know ALL about food groups and healthy lifestyle but don’t follow it one bit.

I meet my daily requirement of fruits and veggies…after about a week’s worth of meals.

Seriously, unless I had a few hundred bucks kicking around for each meal, I would find it hard to avoid extremely high quality food here. I don’t…at least not if I want to have electricity, running water, a home…

Maybe back home, but not here.

I don’t eat enough meat. I am almost vegitarian. Not for health reasons, I just don’t like meat. I also don’t eat enough grains.

[quote=“derek1978”]
I decided today to get on a strict work out / diet routine until I come. You know, trying to impress the GF and all.[/quote]

It made Sandman laugh, so it must be funny. :wink:

Edit: Oh great. It was supposed to go to the misquote thread… Sorry. I’ll try not to post anymore today. :blush:

Sheesh, I eat whatever I can get my hands on and whatever’s available. Sometimes I forget to eat… :frowning: Once in a while I see a fruit stand and buy some fruit. Not really eating healthily over here at all…

And does a cigarette and coffee in the morning consist of any of the recommended food groups? Milk perhaps?