Do You Find Being Called 'Dude' Annoying?

I do. And what the f**k is a dude anyway? And it always has to enunciated in a Homer Simpson meets Keanu Reeves kind of way, making the speaker sound like a moron and the addressee look like an even bigger one by being compelled to answer/respond. Got to be one of the most irritating words on this planet.

Like…dude…I think you need more love in your heart.

Ho Ho Ho.

Yes. Especially since I don’t have a penis.
:unamused:
I prefer ‘bloke’ over ‘dude’ anyway.
Dude is overused.

[quote=“Alien”]Yes. I prefer ‘bloke’ over ‘dude’ anyway.
[/quote]

If it were up to me, I’d offer you full British citizenship and tax-free status forever for saying that. :lovestruck:

[quote=“Alien”]Yes. Especially since I don’t have a penis.
:unamused:
I prefer ‘bloke’ over ‘dude’ anyway.
Dude is overused.[/quote]

The feminine equivalent to dude is dudett.

The derogratory forms of dude/dudett are:

Masculine form is Larry

Feminime form is Betty

How about being called ‘Annoying’ dude?

Talk about predictable! That’s totally bogus.

I find that people use ‘dude’ when they want to address someone in a condescending manner. “Dude, …”

Of course, if they use it in a friendly way, then I don’t mind. It just makes them sound like they’ve been watching too many reruns of ‘Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure’. They’re just trying to be KEWL.

[quote=“Spack”]

Talk about predictable! That’s totally bogus.[/quote]

Dude, you’re so high! :laughing:

[quote=“Spack”]
I find people use ‘dude’ when they want to be condescending.[/quote]

Ah, yep… :wink:

But where does this F***ing annoying word come from? Anyone know the etymology?

Larry,

You hear it a lot in Southern California…the cradle of modern civilization as we know it.

Besides doing “surfer”, I do a very passable “stoner”.

Talk about predictable! That’s totally bogus.

I find that people use ‘dude’ when they want to address someone in a condescending manner. “Dude, …”[/quote]

You mean like “Dude, Where’s My Country?”

Which I’m presently reading. He’s good at citing INTERNATIONAL MEDIA SOURCES TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :unamused:

Thanks Broon Ale, I was offered British “adoption” earlier this week since I’ve supposedly written the dialogue of a British character throughout a five-book series ‘correctly’, according to my English friend/source who will be recording the voice. :smiley:

I think the word ‘dude’ is annoying and sounds juvenile.

DB: Arf arf. :upyours:

I still would like to know where this f***ing word comes from.

[quote]The feminine equivalent to dude is dudett.

The derogratory forms of dude/dudett are:

Masculine form is Larry

Feminime form is Betty[/quote]

DUDINE
(1930s - n.)
A feminine “dude”, a man who dresses like a cowgirl; by the 1930 cowgirls were being forced out of rodeo and film and replaced by rodeo queens and dudines; barrel racing is the only rodeo event currently open to women outside of the IGRA circuit.

… now, can this be true??

[quote=“BroonAle”]DB: Arf arf. :upyours:

I still would like to know where this f***ing word comes from.[/quote]

BroonAle, you’re so fresh!

Want to know about “Dude”? Check out this site. They represent all that is good and wonderful about the beach culture of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.

redhotchilipeppers.com/

[quote=“Durins Bane”][Want to know about “Dude”? Check out this site. They represent all that is good and wonderful about the beach culture of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties.

[/quote]

Now there’s an oxymoron. Er…no thanks. Surfers are annoying dudes.

[quote=“BroonAle”]

Now there’s an oxymoron. Er…no thanks. Surfers are annoying dudes.[/quote]

No, no, no…if you think they are annoying then they aren’t “dudes”, they’re “Larrys”. :smiley:

Thanks Larry. :slight_smile:

I thought the word “dude” originally was used by cowboys to refer to city slickers. They used to have dude ranches out west where city slickers would vacation and play cowboy.

duderanches.com/

I don’t think I’ve ever been called a dude, but I certainly wouldn’t like it.