Do you get an ARC with a 3 month student visa?

Posting for a friend.

My friend will be entering Taiwan with a 3 month student visa to learn Chinese at National Taiwan Normal University. After he enters, will a 3 month student visa entitle him to an ARC? He mainly just wants to be able to enter and leave at will.

1 Like

From what I can recollect, one must have completed 4 mths of study at any Govt. accredited Chinese Language institute to be eligible for an ARC.


When I went, it was six months.

Oh that poor soul! What did he do to deserve such a punishment?

1 Like