Do you hate your coworkers?

I’m curious if you ever tried just being direct anyway. Tell her to get out of your class and she can only return when she learns how to behave properly. You said you’re done anyway and there are plenty of jobs available right now.

2 Likes

Idk everyone says this but I can’t move and I don’t see a lot posted.
I finally applied to one in America but I think I technically need to go back before applying :confused:

Had a choice of around 10 jobs on Facebook group when I was looking a few months back. More contacted me after I’d already taken one.

2 Likes

Saw this a few months ago, it has some good points, about salaries been made public or common knowledge.

2 Likes

Lots are being posted on FB groups. Any college teaching job in China would probably be better than the ones found here. Low hours, lots of downtime, long vacation days, and minimal bullshit. Hope you find something promising soon!

That’s when you sing:
When your nose is full of snot
And you
want to let it out
Taiwan softens the Blow
Wank Wank

The People’s Republic has not distinguished itself as a bastion of free intellectual inquiry of late. I would imagine, in various ways, quite a bit of “bullsh&t” for faculty there.

Guy

1 Like

Depends on the college/university some locals have a lot more freedom than we think. Others not so much.

Okay now after today I can say I completely dread somebody. I don’t get to see her often but I wish I never get to see her again. Not only is she a micromanager she breathes down your neck and wants to control everything you do. She is super passive-aggressive, interrogative, salty, and petty too. Not to mention this lady has a pretty bad temper and will throw a tantrum whenever things don’t go her way. The way she rambles on about how they are entitled to your labor and how you’re a slave to education is sure something else too. She is nuts.

No wonder four teachers quit last year and two staffs who worked directly under her quit early last semester. Apparently another four teachers will be leaving this year too. I guess you can only be fake for so long until everything comes crumbling down forcing you to show your true colors. I can’t wait for the semester to end so I can up and leave.

1 Like

Ah another day of me somehow being blamed for a coteachers short comings.

Also, this teacher that talked shit about me now talks shit about the new teacher in her class. Lol I can’t.

1 Like

Why not just look for an office job at this point? Marketing and sales are hiring.

5 Likes

Some people just like to blame others for everything. No need to take their criticisms to heart.

1 Like

I noticed other forgeiners let students and teachers say things that native English speakers wouldn’t say. “I’m eating cookies” but really they’re eating potato chips and I’m the only one to correct them. English speakers would definitely make fun on them.

Marketing Research? I might be interested. Not sure the pay in Taiwan for that kind of thing though

About the same as English teaching at the end of the day.

The base salary is technically lower, but in English Teaching, there is a lot of free work that salaried people don’t need to deal with. Like prep work.

Ah damn the same that’s disappointing. Actually my public school job is very cushy. I really like it, but I also have aspirations to continue in psychology. I just really love psychology. But it doesn’t sound worth switching if the salary is the same.

I don’t get why more international companies don’t set up shop here what with the cost of labor being so low and the quality of talent being so high

The difference with buxibans and offices is that you have opportunities to move up.

If you want to move up in a buxiban, you need to start your own.

A lot do. Almost every major company has an office here.

2 Likes

Companies will look for a number of favourable conditions before they open up shop. Wages and labor skills are only a small element.

1 Like

That’s true. And for public school, you can never be considered a real teacher in some ways m you can’t get the regular benefits local public teachers get since they are public servants. Public school teachers are always on single year contracts

That is true. But there’s also good infrastructure, and the government is stable and reliable. The biggest issues are the tight banking rules and constant threat from china.