Do you have an invasion plan?

Reading this thread made me backed up a little in planning to retire in Taiwan when I get old lol (我是外國人 btw) but I do love Taiwan! If it will happen in my timeline, I would really have no idea what would I do cos I’m not even a citizen of this country. China would probably just kick me all over the place.

If an invasion ever happens, I just hope that the Taiwanese people wont lose their values, morals and their identity.

Come on. HKs constitution meant nothing as we just saw. Elected officials are approved by the CCP basically.

At the end of the day, China would have taken Taiwan by now if they could. The military balance has shifted, no one denies that and Taiwan should definitely invest more in the military. But it’s not like China can take the island, because they would have by now.

3 Likes

The fact that so many Taiwanese actually believe that is itself a reason to be concerned.

The status quo is untenable and the issue of Taiwan is going to be resolved one way or the other. The paths through which it gets resolved without some sort of conflict that causes great disruption to the people living in Taiwan decrease every year.

That’s debatable, but it’s an entirely different kettle of fish anyway. Any kind of forcable takeover will have to involve obviously overt acts.

I think you have a good point about some kind of decapitating move designed to take out, undermine, or co-opt leadership. There might be a lot of possibilities in that vein. Taiwan needs to stay constantly vigilant.

Why? I think most Taiwanese understand the shift in military advantages is happening. We need to up our defenses. But the reality is, this is nothing new. PRC has been talking about this for the last 3 generations. The ROC the 2 generations before taking the mainland.

The threat of the invasion isn’t new. China wants Taiwan and they currently can’t take it. That can change if the shift in military might continues. But a defense is at the side of the advantaged.

It would only be a worry if Taiwanese think that just because they haven’t been able to take the island doesn’t mean they couldn’t in the future.

2 Likes

there is this, too: Not making long term plans here that won’t survive the Red Dawn

you clearly can’t see very well

@yyy?

You never thought about this before ? :thinking:

I’ll say it again: my species is superior to yours, but the ones among us who want to conquer your planet are incompetent fools.

3 Likes

33aa6edf115a6504d40582580757b06d

2 Likes

I think anybody that has an invasion plan is Weird as having a nuclear shelter in you back garden.

Saying your not killed in artillery fire on the cities, foreigners will allowed to go, why would China want westerners stay in Taiwan and be a total pain in the Ass.

Because under many of the realistic attack/invade/takeover scenarios, China has to accept the risk of all-out conflict with the US and its allies, and has to use the element of surprise to have a chance at success.

By warning foreigners to leave, China would give up the element of surprise. After an attack has started, critical infrastructure, such as airport runways, is likely to be destroyed.

A lot of foreigners here wouldn’t want to leave if China took over. We would however like to avoid being bombed or shot up in the street, so having a plan to bug out somewhere in the countryside till things calm down is not so crazy. My wife wouldn’t want to leave Taiwan, or take our daughter abroad, so for us it would be about surviving rather than escaping.

2 Likes

I don’t understand this thinking.

I’m genuinely curious: if the Chinese were successful in taking Taiwan, what do you think they’re going to do after “things calm down”? Is there really an expectation that they would let life for Taiwanese return to some semblance of what it looks like today?

I am fairly surprised…perhaps that’s not the best term…of the number of people who don’t have bags prepared for earthquakes and things of that sort, let alone for a foreign invasion.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good Forumosa topic What’s in your go-bag?

I was thinking of that when I was posted but was on my phone and didn’t feel like a search.

3 Likes

She may do when China running the country?

1 Like