Do you have the world's most sexy accent

Interesting thing about Irish accents, as there also regional ones like in Cork which was hard me for to understand sometimes at first.

1 Like

I used to sound more like this, but then I went to California. It still sounds very good to me. Just enough Texan without going full W Bush.

I love listening to the Finnish, don’t understand anything, though.

I also enjoy Turkish and Iranian voices, not necessarily sexy, but cute.

Yeah vocal fry is terrible.

1 Like

All of these posts are highly eurocentric.

I don’t believe any one nationality is more sexy than another.

I may like this video, then

1 Like

Our accents across Ireland are very diverse because it’s a very old country and people didn’t travel around a whole lot in the old days.

3 Likes

Very true. Add to mix that like in Taiwan there is another local language that affects accents just like Taiwanese native speakers have different accent (most not all).

3 Likes

Alexander Downer accent or Bogan?

Who’s talking about nationalities?

yes

2 Likes

I only heard about how Irish or french is the sexiest accent. That sounds pretty eurocentric.

:laughing:

1 Like

Nowadays, they just call that educated…

When I speak English I often get hit with “哇你沒有那個印度人口音” (Woah, you don’t have that Indian English accent). People expect me to sound like Russell Peters from that video…

In the past I had trouble finding a language exchange partner for the same reason… No one wants to practice English with an Indian :frowning: . After I changed my nationality to U.S (I have an American-ish accent due to years spent in the States) on a popular language exchange app, I found significantly more partners…

7 Likes

I absolutely can’t stand singlish
What I like is the California girl accent

There’s a girl who does most of the commercials on pandora and she has a voice I could listen to all day

So my vote is the California girl accent

1 Like

:laughing:

Geordie

2 Likes

Interesting how people respond to accents in different contexts. Quite a few layers of meaning in there.

1 Like

Or how people get offered more money or respect just because of their passport.

3 Likes