Do you recognize this LED fixture?

We are moving to a new apartment and a few lights are flickering it just totally dead.
I want to replace them but, instead of regular bulbs, they are a different kind of LED fixture.

Have you seen these before?
Where can I find replacements?
Or should I take my soldering iron out and try to fix them instead?

1 Like

Have you checked the back for a serial number or label?

I wouldn’t. But I don’t know your electronics skills. These types of recessed ceiling lights should be completely replaced with the same model. If you’re renting, maybe ask your landlord where he got them?

All I see is in the picture.
No label and googling “QK-11W” or “P0022P” didn’t return anything useful…

Yeah, that’s why I suggested checking the other side. :slight_smile:

Seems you could just turn the power off, unscrew the center bolt, and see what falls out of your ceiling.

1 Like

Why do you say so?

He doesn’t know.
He bought the house with them already installed and never bother to change after they stopped working.

I removed the fixture, but nothing on the backside neither.

Oh, you mean in the other side of the PCBA?
Good idea. I’ll check it later.

Because I am in a similar situation. :laughing:
When I saw what I was dealing with, I took photos and went to a B&Q or whatever they are called now.

I thought I could just pick any to replace. The experts there told me I had to be sure what power converter was at the other end of the plug or else some real bad electrical stuff could happen (like catching on fire).

So I opted to do nothing about it.

Maybe get a quotation from a lighting expert to switch out the lighting fixture and see if your landlord is ok with you deducting the cost from next months’ rent.

1 Like

These are LED fixtures. The light is built in as a part of the fixture, and you must replace the entire fixture to fix it, there are no bulbs for them.

LED fixtures fail because of heat by the way, so check to see if it’s because the space above the light is excessively hot or something. Sometimes these fixtures just fail for no reason, or due to poor design (lack of cooling for example) causing them to fail.

1 Like