Do you rent/own, where and how much?!

Yes, the pics from SoulDragoN are very nice, would also like to know where that is? I guess… maybe Hsintien, up the mountains, there is an area called ‘Huacheng Rd’, real houses with good view, prices from 15 Mio. NT$ and higher. Is a long term goal, to have a house like that on the pic…

Myself, living in Hsintien, near MRT, 3 bedrooms, 1 living room, kitchen, 1 (!) bathroom, very old building, small alley, rent NY$ 6,000 for using one bedroom and living room. It’s a friend’s place. Parents of my friend and relatives are coming sometimes for the ‘big bai bai’, like today, 4 hours for ‘Qingmingjie’, burining ghost money on the balcony. Worse is only Chinese New Year, very big bai bai, 4 days…

No where near Taipei, the price range is rather unreal, but worth it as far as we’re concerned.

No hassles from the neighbors regarding the dogs.

SoulDragoN’s place is truly beautiful You have to see it to believe it! Private gated road, 5000 ping property and a 70+ping house with outdoor built in stone BBQ and bar, multi-level patios with marble tables and seating. Floor to ceiling windows which look out over the entire city and surrounding mountains. Best of all, her dogs have tons of space to wander safely. If it weren’t for the big snake I saw guarding her gate, well, I’d actually consider moving in to a little corner of her place!:runaway:

I’m kind of the “poor relation” in terms of housing comparatively,although I really like my rented home here. NT$ 10,000 a month gets me a two story, two bedroom, 2 living room, 2 bathroom, office and kitchen house with a front and back yard. I like my neighborhood, most of my neighbors and the location is convenient to just about everything in Hualien. The biggest issue for me is street parking. I am really blessed in that I also have a terrific landlord!