Do You Suffer From Bush Derangement Syndrome?

I continually notice inserted wise-cracks and non-sequituers about US President G.W. Bush on threads and have wondered…why?
Hmmm…this may be the answer.

[quote]Do You Suffer From Bush Derangement Syndrome?
Created by Erik Axelson

If you think you might have Bush Derangement Syndrome, or BDS, just take this simple self-administered test:

1. Do you interject non sequiters about President Bush, Vice President Cheney or Karl Rove into ordinary conversations without warning?

2. Is the Kerry-Edwards sticker still affixed to your car?

3. Did you replace a faded Kerry-Edwards sticker or an Al Gore/2000 sticker with a new one?

4. Did you vote twice in the 2004 election, once from your primary residence and once from your country home?

5. In the past 60 days, have you engaged in one or more heated arguments about the War against Islamist terror?
    a. Once (1 point)
    b. Twice (2 points)
    c. Three times (3 points)
    d. More than three times (5 points)

6. Have you found yourself yelling at members of the Bush administration when they appear on your television?

7. Have you found yourself yelling at Chris Matthews, Tim Russert, George Stephanopoulos, Bob Schieffer or other network anchors for not being tough enough on Bush?

8. Have you marched with Cindy Sheehan or with Code Pink?

9. Did you send a political donation to Paul Hackett in his campaign for a special election to the U.S. House, even though you don’t live in Ohio?

10. Have you demonstrated your “support for the troops” by pushing for the Murtha Amendment, which would have authorized an immediate withdrawl from Iraq?

11. Do you secretly welcome hearing bad news from Iraq because you assume it will hurt President Bush’s standing in opinion polls?

12. Are you disappointed there have not been any further terrorist attacks since 9/11?

13. Do you still think the discredited memos typed on Microsoft Word broadcast by CBS’s “60 Minutes” were legitimate historical documents from 1972 proving George W. Bush shirked his duty in the Texas Air National Guard?

14. Do you believe that Karl Rove actually produced and leaked these documents to discredit Dan Rather?

15. Do you obsessively try to figure out how a “war for oil” has resulted in much higher oil and gasoline prices?

16. Do you support Harry Belafonte’s judgement, stated at an anti-American rally in dictator Hugo Chavez’s Venezuela, that George W. Bush is a bigger terrorist than Osama Bin Laden (“if Bin Laden actually did that which he is accused of doing”)?

17. Do you, like the New York Times editorial page, frequently try to reconcile the fact that the crime rate has gone down at the same time the prison population has increased?

18. Does President Bush’s religiosity drive you bonkers?

19. Do you object to President Bush’s support of tuition tax credits and vouchers so that poor families can send their children to private schools? Give yourself 2 points if you believe this AND send your own kids to private schools.

20. Do you find that you are avoiding friends who do not share your vitriolic disdain for President Bush?

21. In your computer dating profile do you feature your loathing for Bush and the Republican Party and warn that you will not date Republicans or Bush supporters?

22. Are you convinced that Scooter Libby outed Valery Plame on orders from Dick Cheney and Karl Rove?

23. Do you support the immediate impeachment of President Bush?

24. Do you think that the United Nations should supervise future U.S. elections?

25. Do you wonder how it is possible for the U.S. economy to grow so strongly in the past 3 years while Bush has cut income and business taxes?

26. When you are planning a vacation, do you avoid going to red states?

27. Did you make jokes about Dick Cheney

You forgot one. Make it #29:

Can you spell “non-sequitur” on the first try? If so, then you probably make fun of George Bush and his acolytes with deranged regularity.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]I continually notice inserted wise-cracks and non-sequituers about US President G.W. Bush on threads and have wondered…why?
Hmmm…this may be the answer.

[quote]Do You Suffer From Bush Derangement Syndrome?
Created by Erik Axelson

If you think you might have Bush Derangement Syndrome, or BDS, just take this simple self-administered test:[/quote]

Only when wingnuts keep bringing it up, like this post

sold the car, can’t afford the gas

Yeah, Hilary /bin Laden 2008

Didn’t vote once; Diebold wouldn’t count it

[quote]5. In the past 60 days, have you engaged in one or more heated arguments about the War against Islamist terror?
a. Once (1 point)
b. Twice (2 points)
c. Three times (3 points)
d. More than three times (5 points)[/quote]
None; try to avoid wingnuts who tell me that turning over ports to Osama’s hunting buddies is good for security.

No; much more fun to play drinking game- one drink for every lie, falsehood or evasion- unfortunately, liver failure rapidly approaching

Yes, thought it was disgraceful way to treat the Preznit when Tweety spit instead of swallowing.

No, I’m a Young Republican; I don’t do any marching that might end up anywhere near an Army recruiting center

No; did send a bribe to Tom Delay even though I live in the Marianas

“Yes”- Bill O’Reilly
“Yes”- William F. Buckley
“Yes”- John Derbyshire
“Yes”- 29% of US troops in Iraq (22% want out in 6 months; another 21% in 6 months to one year; for a total of 72% out in one year)
And, of course, that’s not what the Murtha Amendment said:

[quote] Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That:

SECTION 1. The deployment of United States forces in Iraq, by direction of Congress, is hereby terminated and the forces involved are to be redeployed at [b]the earliest practicable date.[/b]

SEC. 2. A quick-reaction U.S. force and an over-the-horizon presence of U.S. Marines shall be deployed in the region.

SEC. 3. The United States of America shall pursue security and stability in Iraq through diplomacy.[/quote]

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.J.RES.73:

No. I openly welcome hearing bad news from Iraq because it shows the dead-enders are in the last throes of the insurgency.

London, Madrid, Istanbul, Bali…

We’re in a Global War against Islamofascism, but it doesn’t count if only foreigners get killed

No, I put them in the same category as historical documents proving that George W. Bush showed up for sevice in the Alabama National Guard.

I would no more believe that than I would believe that Karl Rove actually produced and leaked the South Carolina smears that John McCain’s adopted Bangla Deshi daughter was an illegitimate black child, that John McCain’s wife was a drug addict, and that McCain himself was crazy and had betrayed his comrades in the Hanoi Hilton.

Bush Jr. Is A Certified Clown.
Can’t even evade a decent question.
He deserves much more ridicule than he gets.

Some people feel that the Commander -In- Chief is above reproach or a good joke or two. What gibberish!

The best sign of a democracy is the amount of allowable glub hurled at your target.

1. When attending a Washington Nationals game, do you insist on wearing the Blue “DC” cap because the alternative is the Red “W” cap?

2. Do you avoid baseball altogether because it’s Bush’s favorite sport and associated with tobacco and republicans?

(I’m told #30 is a D.C. reality)

Sorry, cut myself off- this is so much fun…

No, I just look at the bottom line for Exxon, Chevron, Conoco …

No, but am still wondering why every time Belafonte opens his mouth the media run to question Barack Obama

No, chalk it up to tougher sentencing, decline in young male population and Bill Clinton’s putting 100,000 extra cops on the street.

Would if
A) thought he believed in it
B) thought he could spell it

No, since the amount of money per child he’s talking about is so miniscule that it’s just an election ploy to take down the NEA

Don’t have to, with 58% of the public sharing that disdain

Yeah, and with 3/5ths of the public sharing my view, it’s done wonders for my social life

Yes, I believe Scooter Libby when he said that.

President Cheney, President Hastert, President Stevens…Hell, no.
And besides, at 34% approval, he’s the gift that keeps on giving

Given A-G Gonzales’s opinions on the power of the Commander-in-Chief during an (undeclared) War on Terror, what makes you think there’s going to be any future elections to supervise?

No, it’s coming out of a Bush recession, and piling up huge deficits- and the benefits are going to the top while the middle gets squeezed, according to the White House Economic Statistic Briefing Room

j-bradford-delong.net/movabl … Index.html

Look out, Brazil

North Dakota? Oklahoma? Alabama?

[quote]27. Did you make jokes about Dick Cheney

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Bush Jr. Is A Certified Clown.
Can’t even evade a decent question.
He deserves much more ridicule than he gets.

Some people feel that the Commander -In- Chief is above reproach or a good joke or two. What gibberish!

The best sign of a democracy is the amount of allowable glub hurled at your target.[/quote]

I like the one about tipper gore.

having shaved her cat, and sitting eyeball high to the reporters standing below the stage. One intrepid report (probably from The Taiwan News) said Excues me missus Gore…I notice you shaved your…

To which she replied, " Read my lips, no new bush in the white house."

haha, always get a chuckle out of that.

#32: if you were deranged on Brokeback Mountain, then you undoubtedly hate Bush.

OFF TOPIC!!!

My brother was in Montana last week. Went to the camode and found that toilet seat doily there. Written on were the words:

“Free brokeback mountain cowboy hats.”

Chou

OFF TOPIC!!!

MikeN please, no more. I keep spraying my computer keys with orange juice.

#33: you’re either with us or you’re deranged.

[quote=“chodofu”]OFF TOPIC!!!

My brother was in Montana last week. Went to the camode and found that toilet seat doily there. Written on were the words:

“Free brokeback mountain cowboy hats.”

Chou

OFF TOPIC!!![/quote]chodofu -
Many years ago, those things were also called “NIXON CAMPAIGN HATS”