šŸ˜· COVID - Do you support implementing vaccine passports?

I believe most countries will enforce quarantines for visitors where the virus is running amok and also new variants e.g. Brazil., For a long time to come.

But I really hope that is it.and otherwise quarantine becomes a thing of the past.

From what Iā€™ve seen the UK plan is to have the vaccine passport on oneā€™s cellphone. I can see some issues with that.

Insurance companies will charge a big premium.
And yes vaccines are the number one factor related to covid risk. Hence Iā€™m right.

To date NOBODY has died from covid after vaccination. . Supposedly.
So how can you claim itā€™s not reliable lol :joy::joy::joy:.
These vaccines are some of the most thoroughly checked and proven medical interventions that have ever existed. :clap::clap::+1::+1:

However those vaccinated may pass it on at much reduced rates but I havenā€™t seen any reliable studies yet. Maybe there are some published ?

It will be the easiest way.
I heard in Israel they already have a vaccine passport app but a lot of restaurants just wave ppl in anyway and donā€™t bother checking.

Itā€™s only certain places that itā€™s rigorously checked.
Probably thatā€™s what will happen almost everywhere when close to full coverage.

The vaccine also appears to be ameliorating symptoms caused by long COVID.

That was spotted quickly.

One can blame US and I guess UK health systems and Covid management for the initial horrible response. Which Ofcourse led to immense problems and deaths. But at the end of the day, US has vaccinated 100 million people! And UK some 40% of its population.

Compared to that, the response of countries like Germany France and even our own Taiwan is terrible. Yes Taiwan has done a great job at prevention but why does it suck so much at vaccination?

Another thing is covid testing. Charging NT 6000 is just criminal IMO. The same test costs 1/10 or 1/20 in many places, and some countries have free testing.

How long can they keep saying that the system will be overwhelmed. With what exactly? You canā€™t do testing at reasonable rates?

2 Likes

I have no arguments that it will be the easiest way. Of course everything is messy and there is no 100% right or wrong way to move forward.

1 Like

Greed, local operators want to make lots of money.

I suppose it depends on the details as to whether I support them or not. Generally speaking, though, I certainly support anything that allows responsible people to travel (including me once Iā€™m vaccinated) and prevents anti-vaxxer morons from putting the rest of us at risk.

2 Likes

Hardly any of us are being put at risk, but I will tolerate anything that allows responsible people to travel,

ā€œWhen one with honeyed words but evil mind persuades the mob, great woes befall the Stateā€.
-Euripides

I just want to go home. Iā€™m fed up.

1 Like

Thatā€™s true for those of us who are in Taiwan, where the borders are mostly closed and quarantine upon entry is mandatory. Itā€™s not true in many other places, however, and certainly wouldnā€™t be true if we returned to pre-Covid travel levels without vaccines.

Is 0.3% still a bullshit figure, or does it remain hardly any?

Yeah, itā€™s people like you I want to be safe from when I travel. Youā€™ll have to find someone else with whom to engage in whatever argument youā€™re trying to have.

I suspect your future travels are going to be full of fear and loathing.

Not if Iā€™m vaccinated and others are too, which gets us back to the topic of the thread.

Iā€™m not looking for an argument. I will take any vaccine, even CCP, without question if it allows me to have a normal life. Itā€™s been a done deal for a year or so that lockdown followed by vaccination is the only way that will be permissible.

You might have been irritated by my 0.3% bullshit comment. That was a response to @Brianjones . I apologise if that is what annoyed you and I hope you are lucky enough to stay away from me when traveling in the future. If not, I will willingly move seats.

Me too.

1 Like