Do You Talk Like You Post?

I move my lips when I post.

[quote=“puiwaihin”]It’s similar, I’d say. I think I’m even less articulate in person, but I still come off sounding like a know-it-all despite my best attempts not to.

:frowning:[/quote]

I don’t know how to respond to this and not hurt your feelings. :wink:

I only talk about dogs. :s

I think most people are probably more considerate when you speak to them face to face. Without the fear of being punched in the face, some will say anything that enters their mind.

I have noticed that people are much more civil when they pm though. :laughing:

Up yours!

When I post I talk, like saying what I post … or do i just think I talk aloud when I post … am I going crazy? Anyhow, I don’t post when I talk … so, no I don’t talk like I post … or was the question … do you post like you talk?

Actually, you know…you post JUST like you talk! :wink: :smiling_imp:

:noway: … :s … thanks Jd :laughing:

Probably, dammit, pedantic ass that I am.

How do you pronounce “pwnd”? And how about “0wn3d”?

I dunno…

Frequently, I post the way I write letters… kind of… I try not to do so… and sometimes I cuss in my posts but I don’t do that in my letters…

I probably post differently from the way that I speak. I cuss a lot more when I speak.

[quote=“jdsmith in anothet thread”]spell
check
adds
respect[/quote]
jd, I seriously hope that you don’t talk to people with the level of arrogance that you displayed when you posted this…

Me? I talk shite all the time so I don’t post much… :wink:

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

[quote=“Roach”][quote=“jdsmith in anothet thread”]spell
check
adds
respect[/quote]
jd, I seriously hope that you don’t talk to people with the level of arrogance that you displayed when you posted this…

Me? I talk shite all the time so I don’t post much… :wink:[/quote]

I don’t see how this was a display of arrogance. That was a fairly neutral response to a guy who posted something about getting a job teaching English…the post was replete with bad spelling, including the title, and bad capitalization…

But your observation is good. I do say things at times that are misconstrued (geez, did I spell that right?). At times I prefer posting…

This is an interesting thread Jd.

For the record, you did sound like you post a lot in person although considering our previous “banter” on this board, I would have expected you to talk to me about my multiple bannings and perhaps I would have liked to hear you call me the troll of trolls or psychopath or a compulsive liar or something like that because you do that with ease on the boards after all. :stuck_out_tongue: Comes to show how it’s much easier online even for social bees like you. Hell I never got a chance to tell you “be nice” because you were quite nice in person. :wink: Same with broonAle actually…He seemed like a very decent fellow in person but I can’t say that much about him online unfortunetly… Carnagies is a really nice place too, I was impressed…

Ironman was the only poster who talked with me about infamous hatch and leo. Hat’s off to him for that.

I was pretty nervous and embarassed about meeting some of you guys as hatch. Being banned 3 times and dealing with multiple accusations on the boards takes away from someone’s ability to feel social and outgoing I think. Not that I’m very social to begin with, the opposite in fact but that along with being exhausted from driving a bike across the island was enough for me to be even more quiet than I usually tend to be in person.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and it was nice to put a face to a post for many of you fellow forumosans.

leo, hatch, Armattan, bobepine,

[quote=“bobepine”]
leo, hatch, Armattan, bobepine,[/quote]

Suicidal tendencies, bobepine?

or does the recent Amnesty overrule the Rule on exposing oneself?

There’s a rule against getting nekkid? :noway:

:smiley:

I mentioned that for two reasons.

1. I don’t seem to have the social situation control button in my head and it all comes spilling out at times, usually works out, sometimes not.

2. The main reason. I wanted to compliment you on your perseverance. I really do admire what you achieved with your posting quality, spelling and grammar improving against the odds.

Be happy to meet up again anytime. :sunglasses:

What!? :astonished:

I guess I have some serious thinking to do because I always thought that moderators were given one of those buttons when hired. Sounds like you’re getting a raw deal here Sir. :laughing: Oh well, you sounded like a fine gentleman to me when I met you regardless.

tash, was that a trick question? You should know that if I answer your question above, then only would I sound suicidal… :flog:

bobepine

My punctuation’s much worse when I talk. Plus, thanks to the space bar, I don’t slur my words as much when I type.

Also, the closest equivalent to spoonerisms online are typos. Seems like a letdown to me. Not as much mental effort goes into putting your fingers on the wrong keys as putting your initial sounds on the wrong words. Especially considering I seem to be making so many of them spately in my leaking.

:sunglasses: