Do you think Taiwan has more luxury cars than other places?

How long before we see one crashed?

1 Like

ā€˜As of 4 April 2017 the longest driven journey is 741,065 km (460,476 miles) and was achieved by Emil and Liliana Schmid (Switzerland) who travelled across 186 countries in the same Toyota Land Cruiser in a journey that started on 18 October 1984 and is still ongoing.ā€™

Iā€™ve met with them when they were in Taiwan.

2 Likes

Envious. That was my thinking for buying a Benz GLE SUVā€¦just the size and weight aspectā€¦but at over NT$4,000,000ā€¦not sure if will go that route. Donā€™t want a large pickup truck but large SUV would be great.

2 Likes

A while ago, they were made in Taiwan, now think made in Japan[quote=ā€œLondonSpice, post:147, topic:196493, full:trueā€]
Never seen so many Merc G-wagons all AMG, McLarenā€™s, Bentley, Aston Martin and new Landrover Defender. More of those in Taipei than London I reckon.

But this is best Iā€™ve seen recently, Toyota Landcruiser 70 year celebration model.

Far superior to Any Land Rover.
[/quote]

Compare that Land Cruiser to the other bland modern versions.

Man I need an African safari or Outback adventure in a 1970s Land Cruiser .

Youā€™d need a replacement spine.

Peugeot 504 wagon is my favourite Africa-mobile

Old Renault 5 ( Are old Renault 5s reliable?
It was also very reliable. It was a car French families depended on for a very long time.)

Yeah apart from the lack of crash structure which would flatten it in a low speed collision

Yip it has all gone downhill since 1832

2 Likes

So how are the new ones and not old ones? The only french cars I see in Taiwan are Citroƫn
so maybe non issue for me.

Heā€™s obviously trying to compensate.

1 Like

They have Peugeot here in Taiwan. And they have Renault, the ā€˜Dusterā€™.

1 Like

Interesting to know, I had never seen the Dacia Duster in Asia!

seems 504ā€™s were made in Taiwan Taiwan: 1979ā€“1984

2 Likes

Dacia is Renault. Better market it under a well-known brand.

Iā€™ve not seen a Dacia Duster Iā€™m Taiwan?
Citroƫn garage in ZhongHe that only sells Peugeot cars.
Very few Taiwanese Citroƫn mostly C3 some Xantia and XM.
Lots in mainland China, Xsara diesel taxis and blue CitroĆ«n diesel CX used as airport taxis in 80ā€™s Beijing , now sitting redundant down to Chinaā€™s no car over 25 years old allowed on the roads.

Luxar the Taiwanese big thirsty piece of shite are part Renault with US engine.
Thankfully very few US manufactured motors in Taiwan. Taiwan military use Jeep that are ancient gas guzzling piles of shite though I believe are the lowest Carbon footprint motor manufacturers in the world?
Taiwan military used Toyota and Honda China wouldnā€™t stand a chance :rofl:

Still true! Though some the two year old cars on my street get lots of street marks on it ha as they have hard time fitting on the narrow alleys.

Also interesting news to me, but never paid much attention to this local brand (is Yulong?)

Actually Renault built diesel engines for use in other brands, lots of them.