Do you think Taiwanese girls are immature?

A sensible comment. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Iā€™m glad you appreciated it. Haha!

they are not immatured, but sometimes they just donā€™t what they really wantā€¦

most girls iv known dont know what they want and when they get what they appear to want, they no longer want it :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Wise words, my friendā€¦wise words! :wink:

Oh my oh my, iā€™m in Taiwan high school right nowā€¦

The most ā€œpopularā€, if thats a word here, girls in the school are not at all like the popular girls in america. I canā€™t look at one of them for more then 1 second without them putting their front teeth in front of their lips, doing that little ā€œcuteā€ thing. And they canā€™t help but do that puppy dog frown whenever i hold a camera up to their faces. aghhhhā€¦ it drives me nuts. I donā€™t think any of the high school girls here in Taiwan are like the ones in america at allā€¦ and by american high school girls i mean normal, down to earth kidsā€¦ Wellā€¦ some american girls are like that at leastā€¦

Iā€™m gonna have to go for the College studentsā€¦

I may have said this before, but I will say it again, Taiwanese girls can be lousy at ending relationships they donā€™t want to be in for three reasons:

1. If they are not interested in you but you are interested in them and ask them out, they may say ā€œYesā€ to you and then cop out at the last minute with an excuse. You may ask them about next week and they will accept, but next week they have a different excuse and are trying to let you slowly figure it out that they are not interested.
  2. If they have been in a relationship with you for some time and want to end it, they will never tell you they want to end it and leave you to slowly figure it out again. You will ask them out to a movie and they will say ā€˜OKā€™, then make an excuse to not go when the time comes. They will tell you it is OK for next week; Then next week rolls around and the same thing happens.
  3. If you want to leave them and they are still interested, they may go absolutely PSYCHO. One of my exes called me at work, called my family back home in the States, stole money from me, and tried to have me deported from the country :blush: . She put me through hell for breaking up with her.

Yes they hate to be dumped but are not averse to dumping. Simply put.

[quote=ā€œdouseemeā€]Original Title: I want to know~~~

Some of forumosans think Taiwanese girls are immature and in prepuberty. :astonished:
I think that is just different culture.
I want to know all of your opinions.[/quote]

Do you know the figure of Western females is called charming and mature? Do you know Japanese girls like to be cute and young looks immature like a young girl and so many Western people also agree with Asian females look younger? Of course, some Taiwanese guys like cute girls probably influenced by Japanese culture. I have never heard Taiwanese like people from China but I heard a lot of Taiwanese people like Japanese culture or Korean dresses. Perhaps they just affect each other in Asia.

hi five.

i hope by normal american girls, you donā€™t mean any of those we see on TV.

hi five.

I hope by normal American girls, you donā€™t mean any of those we see on TV.[/quote]
Or on Youtube. :astonished:

[quote=ā€œSpringfieldā€]
The most ā€œpopularā€, if thats a word here, girls in the school are not at all like the popular girls in America. I canā€™t look at one of them for more then 1 second without them putting their front teeth in front of their lips, doing that little ā€œcuteā€ thing. And they canā€™t help but do that puppy dog frown whenever i hold a camera up to their faces. aghhhhā€¦ it drives me nuts. I donā€™t think any of the high school girls here in Taiwan are like the ones in America at allā€¦ and by American high school girls I mean normal, down to earth kidsā€¦ Wellā€¦ some American girls are like that at leastā€¦

Iā€™m gonna have to go for the College studentsā€¦[/quote]

Me too.

[quote=ā€œurodacusā€][quote=ā€œSpringfieldā€]

Iā€™m gonna have to go for the College studentsā€¦[/quote]

Me too.[/quote]

Me too. Cause I hear 16 will get you 20.

I think most of you are missing the point.

This is not about being cute or not. This is about effectiveness. Some of us live in ā€œdoggy-eat-dogā€ societies where we are FORCED to develop emotional intelligence fast. Others live in far more conservative societies where such an intelligence is not critical.

Is it fair to say that Taiwanese girls are immature? I donā€™t know but it would be fair to say that most Taiwanese girls would not fare well in an aggressive Western culture and this is where the entire logic lies.

This works. It works only in Taiwan and maybe in Korea or Japan but it works. The rules are different. Yes, acting like this in some parts of the United States or the UK or France would not fly. Thatā€™s true. But theyā€™re not operating in that cultural context, theyā€™re operating in the Asian one.

So from a moral perspective, if a girl wants to be collecting Hello Kitty (which is a stupid argument by the way) dolls, she can do so as on a scale of ā€œbad to goodā€, this doesnā€™t rank as bad here. It ranks as average or ā€œwhateverā€.

From a practical perspective though, the average Taiwanese girl may find her at a huge disadvantage when competing for limited resources (zero sum) with someone from a individualistic, Western country. We are taught to think for ourselves, to be goal oriented and to win, sometimes at any price required.

They are not.

For them, the Taiwanese, harmony is more important than winning. We play sports as teens or young adults and say something like ā€œIā€™m going to crush that f*cker even if it is the last thing Iā€™m going to doā€. They see things very differently and at the end of the day, what society thinks of them tends to be more important than the actual practical benefit acquired through their action.

Yes, I canā€™t stand it for this. Itā€™s so screwed up as far as Iā€™m concerned to see all these things and to be honest, a lot of the guys here donā€™t think with their brain. They think with their dicks mostly because the Taiwanese girls are so beautiful and beauty can make someone very subjective.

But this is a different culture. If I was raised here, as a man, I would have probably accepted this as normal.

Does it matter though that the Taiwanese girls donā€™t develop traits that we westerners find valuable? After all, if they donā€™t need these traits in this culture, whatā€™s the problem with that? Attitudes and personalities donā€™t exist in a vacuum but adapt to a shifting culture. These work because they are permitted and net a net positive. In France for example, girls tend to be very individualistic and this works for them because thatā€™s the French culture.

Would it work here? No. There would be too many pressures to the opposite.

So this is a problem only when you take a Taiwanese girl and put her into a new context, where the old rules do not apply. The dating rules found here wonā€™t work in Europe nor the attitude of most girls. But until that girl goes to Europe and tries to operate there, the point is void. Itā€™s like asking me to know how to prepare a fire with sticks before going camping.

I repeat, societies develop using darwinist principles. What works gets done more, what doesnā€™t work is canceled out eventually. This is true for plants, for animals, for humans and for entire civilizations. The next time you wonder why sheā€™s so immature, remember that there is an entire society that rewards her for acting that way. Acting in any opposite way would actually gain her nothing and as humans, we have a bias to NOT act against our self-interest.

The only reason why we, westerners feel so strongly against these things is because we would be PENALIZED, socially, emotionally, mentally, for displaying and accepting these things at home. So knowing this, can you actually judge any individual?

1 Like

If weā€™re going to resurrect old threads, can we please resurrect more intelligent ones?

7 Likes

Theyā€™re now five years more mature which has to be a positive.

7 Likes

Depends. Iā€™ve seen people regress over 5 years as well. They have a mid-life crisis, split with their wife, start drinking more, spend money like water on personal hobby crap, move into a single bedroom apartment with a bed shaped like a race-carā€¦

2 Likes

Where can I get such a bed, did yours come with remote control ?

1 Like
2 Likes

I cant sit back and hold my tongue.
Nearly 15 years here and I can tell you the so called immature hello kitty girls are not the majority. They are just a tiny percentage of a wide variety of people. Taiwanese women are some of the most ambitious and business savy women I have known. Of course any society will have variety. It is not unique to Taiwan. This topic really needs to die.

5 Likes

I work in the business world and I rarely meet a girl that talks like an adult. They mostly speak and act like Hello Kitty girls even when theyā€™re 40 years old in a business setting.

If youā€™re a single guy and you meet one, grab her.

I was just talking to a Taiwanese businesswoman last night that came back from America after 8 years and she was wondering what is this thing going on with Taiwan women.

2 Likes