Do you wash your meat?

You should have said ‘I don’t use washcloths’, don’t speak for me.:zipper_mouth_face::no_no:

You probably love horses and stable odors?

Washcloths are disgusting. Take succor in my generalization. :weary:

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsis/topics/food-safety-education/get-answers/food-safety-fact-sheets/safe-food-handling/washing-food-does-it-promote-food-safety/washing-food

Washing raw poultry, beef, pork, lamb, or veal before cooking it is not recommended. Bacteria in raw meat and poultry juices can be spread to other foods, utensils, and surfaces. We call this cross-contamination.

Some consumers think they are removing bacteria and making their meat or poultry safe. However, some of the bacteria are so tightly attached that you could not remove them no matter how many times you washed. But there are other types of bacteria that can be easily washed off and splashed on the surfaces of your kitchen. Failure to clean these contaminated areas can lead to foodborne illness. Cooking (baking, broiling, boiling, and grilling) to the right temperature kills the bacteria, so washing food is not necessary.

Using a food thermometer is the only sure way of knowing if your food has reached a high enough temperature to destroy foodborne bacteria. Cook all raw beef and veal steaks, roasts, and chops to a minimum internal temperature of 145 °F as measured with a food thermometer before removing meat from the heat source. For safety and quality, allow meat to rest for at least three minutes before carving or consuming. For reasons of personal preference, consumers may choose to cook meat to higher temperatures.

Sanitizing kitchen surfaces after rinsing/handling raw meat is standard procedure for me, so illness has never been an issue.

I’ve never had food poisoning from home cooked food. Restaurants, on the other hand…

Bleach your cutting board

Two cutting boards in my house, one for raw meat and one for veggies and fruit.

I try not to put bleach anywhere that something I intend to eat is going to touch.

Not if you do it as my mother taught me, use once and put in laundry. Face first, feet and butt is up to the user.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger :slight_smile:

1 Like

Marinated blood pads, yummy!

Probably until you get a fungus infection or crotch itch!

Yeah, this is the situation in our house, too. In the States I wouldn’t have bothered, but here in the sub-tropics it’s a good idea to keep them separate.

1 Like

Really? :noway:

I DIDN’T SAY THAT!!!

YOU QUOTED IT!:laughing::rofl:

I know there was a time I only took showers in the mornings, in the States more than 30 years ago. After activities or before sex I believed we showered. But, normally we just switched to PJs went to bed. Yuck, may we didn’t sweat so much there. 40 degrees north lat.
I do miss my morning Irish Spring Shower to shock myself awake but can’t have both. Remember frequent washing of meat works wonders for your hygiene.

What? Never after having sex? Filthy!:roll:

1 Like

Why would you get fungus infections