Doctor Who 2010 season

For those Dr Who fans, the new season begins in the UK on the evening of April 3, so check your local BT sites to see the first episodes with Matt Smith as the 11th Doctor… David Tennant is a hard act to follow but i am sure he’ll do a great job!!

Matt Smith seems to be a natural.

Bonkers, in a way reminiscent of Tom and Colin Baker, with Tennant’s ego and self assuredness. And a touch of Patrick Troughton’s style. May be a bit of Jon Pertwee’s action man Doctor too.

Amelia Pond is pretty nice too, especially in a police uniform.

Haven’t seen much of it yet, but I think the new Tardis interior looks good.

And it goes without saying that Steven Moffat is a fantastic writer.

Only one complaint. The new arrangement of the theme is messy. We’ll probably get used to the title sequence though. I like the logo.

[quote=“fruitloop”]Matt Smith seems to be a natural.

Bonkers, in a way reminiscent of Tom and Colin Baker, with Tennant’s ego and self assuredness. And a touch of Patrick Troughton’s style. May be a bit of Jon Pertwee’s action man Doctor too.

Amelia Pond is pretty nice too, especially in a police uniform.

Haven’t seen much of it yet, but I think the new Tardis interior looks good.

And it goes without saying that Steven Moffat is a fantastic writer.

Only one complaint. The new arrangement of the theme is messy. We’ll probably get used to the title sequence though. I like the logo.[/quote]

Agreed with all of the above… Smith is a ball of energy and seems to have made the role of his own whilst incorporating some of his predecessors eccentricities… the most recent episode with Winston Churchill, when he was hitting the Daleks was classic Troughton, and a bit of Tennant’s fast talking as well… not too sure about the new iDaleks though… smooth lines, coming in many colours…

Just watched the first two episodes.

Not sure about Matt Smith yet. In a way it’s nice that he’s not as good-looking as Tennant was… but I just haven’t bought him in the serious dramatic moments. You could see Tennant as a terrifying figure, and I haven’t seen that in Smith. He’ll take time to get used to.

Pond’s police uniform was… not very Doctor Who like. I hope it comes back.

The opening of the first episode was brilliant, then just good after the first reveal of the alien.

Moffat wrote the weeping angels episode (“Blink”), and that’s already earned him a place in some kind of sci-fi heaven. Let’s hope he continues at that level.