Doctor with 9 years of working experience in Malaysia looking to move to Taiwan.

Good morning. I am a Malaysian working for the past 9 years in Malaysia. Other than a MD, I also recently received a Post Grad Diploma in Family Medicine. I have been in a relationship with a Taiwanese for the past 2 years and we were thinking to take it to the next level. And since it is impossible for him to move to Malaysia (we are in a same-sex relationship), I have been looking at options to move to Taiwan.

I have found very little information regarding working as a doctor as a foreigner in Taiwan. Most of them were outdated information from forums or news articles dated several years ago. But from what I understand I will need to sit for an examination in chinese. Can anyone advice on what are the steps to take and which departments to approach?

Another question is, does anybody have recommendation on any other medical related jobs I can be taking while preparing for the said examination? Although I am of chinese descent, I do not think my mandarin speaking is at a professional level yet. I ideally would like to spend a few months maybe to improve my language while working towards the exam.

He lives in Yilan county (which is an amazing place, to be honest), but I do not mind to commute.

Will appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

The department is Ministry of Examination.

Professional and Technical Exams

The below is a regulation governing the exam you should take.

In Chinese
專門職業及技術人員高等考試醫師牙醫師中醫師藥師考試分階段考試規則

And in English

Staged Senior Professional and Technical Examinations Regulations for Medical Doctors, Dentists, Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Pharmacists
http://wwwc.moex.gov.tw/english/content/wfrmContent.aspx?menu_id=3237

1 Like