Does anyone else dislike their iPhone 3GS?

The big “selling point” for many supporters(even some folks here) is the app ecosystem. There are more apps on the App Store hands down. The counter perspective is that having a phone which has more features out of the box is better than getting a bunch of apps for the feature.

If I gave you a nexus one or any flagship android first you would probably have the opposite opinion. The iPhone marketed to non-techies who did not know the capabilities of smartphones. Since you didn’t know what was the norm, you had no concept of what was missing. In fact I would guarantee you would be able to do EVERYTHING you do now on an HTC Desire and notice zero difference. In fact with background tasking, the ability to install a new UI, IME, Keyboard, Browser, Flash and other things not allowed on an unrooted iPhone, you would probably have a better experience.[/quote]
Maybe I’m missing something here, but it seems like Android users in Taiwan have to root their phones (or find a foreign SIM card) to be able to get all the apps on there (otherwise paid apps are not allowed). So then shouldn’t we be comparing rooted Androids to jailbroken iPhones? Then all of a sudden multitasking, group SMS, ringtones etc. become available on the iPhone. Otherwise it seems to be an unfair comparison.[/quote]

No because you don’t need to root to get all apps at all. If you really want to blow money you can
A. Get a US Sim card and use Wifi
B. Use alternate App store

Rooting is only needed if you want to be able to impulse browse the device.

Hmmm… I guess the thing to do is to try a Desire and wait until OS4 comes out and is jailbroken and then try that.

A key fob

:bravo: