Does anyone know how to make a Teco DVD player Region Free?

I have a Teco DVD player (model TD2020) that I bought at Carrefour and it only plays Region 3 DVD’s.

I know that for most DVD players, if you enter a certain sequence of buttons on the remote control, then it will become “Region Free”. I’ve already tried looking at lots of DVD forums, but almost all of the members of each of the DVD forums are in English-speaking countries, and Teco products are not exported to those countries, so no one at those forums has ever heard of Teco.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

No promises these will work, players often share the same chipset, this work on chipsets that Teco uses, so one of these may work on yours:

Turn power on
Press Setup on remote
Press < (left arrow) on remote 5 times
The menu will then show “version” under password setup
Press down arrow 5 times to move cursor to Version
Press Enter/Play
Region Code will be displayed
Press right key to move cursor to region change area
Then press up or down to get to desired region (“0” mean all area region)
Press setup button to exit

1)power on
2) Press EJECT on the remote to open the tray
3) press 9735
4)remote left/ right/up/down key
5)choose appropriate zone (enter 0 for all zone)
6)Press EJECT to close tray and exit.

1. Press setup on remote
  2. Press Stop button on remote
  3. Pres prev ( |<< ) and next ( >>| )arrow buttons on remote (menu will display)
  4. Select region ID
  5. press Enter
  6. Select 0 on remote to multi zone
  7. Press enter
  8. Press setup button to quit.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Turn power on
Press Setup on remote
Press < (left arrow) on remote 5 times
The menu will then show “version” under password setup
Press down arrow 5 times to move cursor to Version
Press Enter/Play
Region Code will be displayed
Press right key to move cursor to region change area
Then press up or down to get to desired region (“0” means all area region)
Press setup button to exit
[/quote]
This worked!

I set it to Region 0 and then I tried a Region 1 DVD and it played perfectly! Then I tried a Region 2 DVD and that played perfectly, too! And it even automatically converted from PAL to NTSC!

Thanks a lot, Matthew!

looks smug and much too happy with himself

That’s good to know, and useful for anyone else who may be looking for a region free player.

Psst, Now may I interest you in some discs to play on it ?..

How about a Pioneer DV233…have tried to play region 4 with no luck…Any ideas?

Pioneer DVD players are sold all over the world, so you should be able to find out how to hack it at any of the DVD hacking forums.

However, Pioneer and Sony DVD players can not be hacked by using the remote control that comes with the DVD player. Instead, they can only be hacked by using a special “factory remote control” that is not sold to consumers. But if you have a PDA with infared output, then you can install software on your PDA to emulate the “factory remote control” and then hack the DVD player using your PDA.

By the way, Pioneer, Sony, and Philips DVD players are the only models of DVD players sold in Taiwan in which the same models are also sold outside of Asia, so they are the only DVD players that are easy to find hacking information about at the DVD forums. Panasonic DVD players are also sold all over the world, but I found out that the models of Panasonic DVD players which are sold in Taiwan are made in Malaysia and only sold in Asia.

This thread is a little old now, but I just bumped into a similiar problem with a Teco TD2018.
I googled around for about a day and a half on international sites and came up with nothing. Then it dawned that Teco (東元) is a taiwanese brand and I should meybe look up a taiwanese website. And there it was!
The procedure is the following:
1.退片 托盤退出來
2.按設定
3.輸入8888
4.按下一曲
5.就會多出一個項目(版本)進去就有區碼可改
有0-6可選,選0就是全區
It works fine. Thanks to whoever posted it.

Norbert

What about vito dvd recorders/players.
They told me they will be arrested if they give me the codes.

A few years ago, the manufacturers would gladly tell me. Who put this stupid law through! For what good! Region one disks are more expensive! Chinese people need Chinese subtiltes. There’s no competition. The content I want is not available here, so I’m forced to be a criminal.

[quote=“Laolu”]This thread is a little old now, but I just bumped into a similiar problem with a Teco TD2018.
I googled around for about a day and a half on international sites and came up with nothing. Then it dawned that Teco (東元) is a taiwanese brand and I should meybe look up a taiwanese website. And there it was!
1.退片 托盤退出來
2.按設定
3.輸入8888
4.按下一曲
5.就會多出一個項目(版本)進去就有區碼可改
有0-6可選,選0就是全區

Norbert[/quote]

Great, Norbert. Now, how about a translation?

[quote=“urodacus”][quote=“Laolu”]This thread is a little old now, but I just bumped into a similiar problem with a Teco TD2018.
1.退片 托盤退出來
2.按設定
3.輸入8888
4.按下一曲
5.就會多出一個項目(版本)進去就有區碼可改
有0-6可選,選0就是全區

Norbert[/quote]

Great, Norbert. Now, how about a translation?[/quote]

Pfft!! Haven’t you head of ONLINE TRANSLATION???

[quote=“babelfish”]1. will draw back the piece tray to draw back
2. to press establishes
3. to input 8888
4. to press down a tune
5. to be many a project (edition) to go in has the area code to be possible to change has 0-6 may elect, to elect 0 is the entire district[/quote]

See? Clear as mud.

May I suggest this site videohelp.com/dvdhacks