Does anyone know of a webhost provider that has this?

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone knows of a web host provider supports both the Chinese and English languages seamlessly.

With these specs

What do you mean by " supports both the Chinese and English languages seamlessly"?

Do you mean has customer service in chinese? Or do you mean that you can host a chinese language website with them?

I’ve used ICDsoft for sites that were almost all in Chinese in the past. You can’t register a .tw domain with them, but if you have one they can host it.

I have had no problems installing mambo on their servers either. They have servers in the USA and in Hong Kong. Customer support is in english.

Hosting companies in Taiwan seem to be generally quite expensive. you might try talking to Miltownkid though.

There are two parts to building interactive/e-commerce sites that people need to know the difference between:
Technical vs. Application (aka Functional)

Technical are things like web host provider. What is the web site/web pages going to be running on.

Application or Functional is the software(s) features that will be running and making your website “work”.

When a person is going to be building an interactive website (meaning it’ll require someone to submit and receive information from the web site in real-time), they need to be clear which part they’re talking about. The important piece is the application part. That’s more complicated. The technical side of things is quite easy and is dictated by the application’s functionality.

Information like:
PHP - 4.3.10 or above
Mysql - 4.1.9 or above
Apache - 1.3.3 or above

Means this person is looking at the technical/hosting side of things. This is language independent, unless one is looking for human technical service in both English and Chinese. That will be a little tricky in Taiwan.

[quote=“Loretta”]What do you mean by " supports both the Chinese and English languages seamlessly"?

Do you mean has customer service in Chinese? Or do you mean that you can host a Chinese language website with them?

I’ve used ICDsoft for sites that were almost all in Chinese in the past. You can’t register a .tw domain with them, but if you have one they can host it.

I have had no problems installing mambo on their servers either. They have servers in the USA and in Hong Kong. Customer support is in English.

Hosting companies in Taiwan seem to be generally quite expensive. you might try talking to Miltownkid though.[/quote]

English support services would be better, but the function of the site needs to be in Chinese and English and the server needs to be in Taiwan, I know for most sites it doesn’t matter but for ours it does, thanks for the leads with these companies, I will follow up.