Does anyone order from iHerb? Custom fees? (and other US vitamin/supplement shops)

Mine have always shown up, but you’re reaching the end of the window for it. Hang on another couple of weeks.

Mine have always shown up, but you’re reaching the end of the window for it. Hang on another couple of weeks.[/quote]

Thanks, hoping it reaches eventually. :slight_smile:

little heads up, that NT3000 it’s for goods and SHIPPING, total $86 plus shipping it went over NT3000, got charged 30% DHL

Yeah, that sucks; keep your orders around $50 or less so shipping won’t take you over the limit.

Hi all,

…just found myself in the same boat, with a ~$86USD order getting the 30% tariff for having a landed value over NT3000.

Here’s what’s happening:

As of Jan 26 2016, iHerb’s new “loyalty credit” program gives you a credit with each order. You can apply this credit to your next order within 60 days.

On the order checkout page: While shipping is included in the order total calculation, loyalty credits are not. Order total is only what you pay.

If your order includes a loyalty credit, make sure to add it to the total before submitting your order to ensure you’re still under NT3000.

Example: My $86.36USD [NT2879] order becomes a $92.08USD [NT3070] DHL landed-value order when accounting for the loyalty credit, thus incurring a tariff of 30%:

Ref: Feb 2, 2016 1USD : 33.34TWD

Hope this helps!

the loyalty credit might not show up in the total but it does get deducted. my last order I added subtotal with shipping, minus the loyalty credit and came to the total shown at checkout.

hmm… good to know. it looks like iHerb might be changing their calculation method day-to-day. I emailed them last week and they replied:

ymmv =)

Not iherb but I just ordered some stuff my gym doesn’t carry like several different bottles of stevia from Vitacost (no duplicates so I don’t look like I’m selling). Total was US$146. I got an email immediately that I need to provide a picture of each product and a picture of the nutrition info with all ingredients, plus a copy of my passport, plus two forms filled out – all for an order of US$146.

I’ve been following the laws for a while since we import protein but this is absurd. The hoops they make you jump through is something I’ve never seen before and it’s totally unjustified. I’ll be looking at importing stevia after this for sale to the general public. No one should have to go through this.

Are they looking for packages marked iherb, vitacost etc? I always get my vits repackaged plainly.

I would get packs split up. Hassle on the sending end saves hassle here.

I agree it’s idiotic.

[quote=“HenHaoChi”]Are they looking for packages marked iherb, vitacost etc? I always get my vits repackaged plainly.

I would get packs split up. Hassle on the sending end saves hassle here.

I agree it’s idiotic.[/quote]

Is this repackaged by a family member or friend? My shipments from my mother (clothes, photography, camping, etc…) never get checked but I think I have paid 200 or 400TWD a couple of times. I bet if I got a shipment (3000+NT) with a business name on it (Amazon, REI, BHPhoto, etc…) that it would have the tariff (better word?) assessed to it.

Yes, my family buys vits in bulk and sends some on to me. But there are repackaging services, and you could ask the sender to send it unmarked.

A policy like that could cost someone their life, if the medicine was sent for an emergency.

An email to iherb explaining the situation might help.

It is a dumb policy. For the measly money they will make on duty, they will make the island look backward and discourage investment. China and Indonesia have even worse customs policies.

I just got the import tax from it: NT1700 on a US$146 (NT4786) order. This is absurd.

I talking with stevia suppliers right now and looking at importing it in bulk directly.

[quote=“HenHaoChi”]Yes, my family buys vits in bulk and sends some on to me. But there are repackaging services, and you could ask the sender to send it unmarked.

A policy like that could cost someone their life, if the medicine was sent for an emergency.

An email to iherb explaining the situation might help.

It is a dumb policy. For the measly money they will make on duty, they will make the island look backward and discourage investment. China and Indonesia have even worse customs policies.[/quote]

I was just trying to figure out the difference in policy between your shipments and the shipments from a business. If someone was ordering a fair amount of stuff then a repackager would make sense.

The duty is dumb though.

[quote=“Formosa Fitness”]I talking with stevia suppliers right now[/quote]When 90% of the population sees that word from now on all they will think of is this:

Is anyone there who bought some so-called smart drugs from iHerb? Such as piracetam.

Does anyone know how to use the loyalty credit? Mine is about to expire. My pal tells me it is “counted automatically”. Nope, not in my case. And I need to order before Christmas.

It’s always been deducted for me automatically. It appears as a line item at the bottom at some point while ordering.

Yep. So I have been told. Now I get an email reminding me to use em up or lose em. :cry:

Weird…you might want to email them directly noting that when you add something to your cart you are not seeing the reduction.

I have about 250NT and I just added some random thing to my cart and checked and the 250NT was reduced right under the product.

Yipes. Thanks for the advice.