Does Coco milk tea give you a bad stomach?

I drink milk tea all the time, from a variety of different places without any problems. However, if I drink Coco milk tea, or any milk based drink from there, I have to run to the bathroom within 30 minutes. What is so different with the milk they use and does anybody else have this issue?

Is it milk?

1 Like

That’s why Coco is so popular. Much cheaper and more palatable than prunes or OTC laxatives.

5 Likes

Possibly not really milk or really is milk and all the other guys aren’t using milk :joy:.

I make sure to go to places where I see them pour milk instead of scooping powder. But the only store I’ve gotten stomachaches from is Come Buy. I definitely will again.

This is an easy one. Stop drinking milk tea from Coco!

Guy

Even the name sounds dodgy

Are you lactose intolerant?

I can’t drink real milk. I can drink milk tea when it’s not real milk or else I have the same issue.

2 Likes

No

Are you in malaysia?

1 Like

Taiwan

Drinked milk since I was a kid, no intolerance.

Yeah, but…

Lactose intolerance can start suddenly, even if you’ve never had trouble with dairy products before. Symptoms usually start a half-hour to two hours after eating or drinking something with lactose. Symptoms include:

• Stomach cramps
  • Bloating
  • Gas
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea

Source

1 Like

Exactly.

I have to make sure they use nay jin or whatever it is that fake milk flavored powder, not fresh milk. If at a fancy place, choose almond/ coconut milk, anything but real milk.

That said, in the scale of dodgy, Coco ain’t that bad. There are much worse - 85C, cough cough.

Me too. Lived next to a milk farm. Had milk that had raveled directly from the cow’s tits to my granny’s beaten up pail, which we then boiled and drank warm. It is a tragedy indeed. There are pills though to help. But it will never be a pleasure again to drink milk to your fill.

I enjoy soy milk so it’s not a problem. And it’s generally healthier for you if you don’t get the one packed with sugar.