Does English teaching qualify as 2 years work experience?

If I work for 2 years as an English teacher (formal, recognized and taxed) then after two years can I apply for a work permit to let me work in a Taiwanese company… a trading company, for example?

Thanks… will send you good karmic thoughts if you can help me!

[quote=“perfumed”]If I work for 2 years as an English teacher (formal, recognized and taxed) then can I after two years apply for a work permit to let me work in a Taiwanese company… ie Trade company?

Thanks… will send you good karmic thoughts if you can help me![/quote]

It needs to be 2 years experience IN A RELATED FIELD usually.

I don’t remember how I dealt with that. Might have claimed experience from graduate school. Then again, I worked in the field part time for a few years before I actually got an an official job, so maybe I just cited my Taiwan experience. I don’t recall it being checked out too thoroughly. I don’t think teaching experience would not suffice, but I don’t know for sure.

It depends on what position you are applying for. In its application, the trading company should call you an “English Consultant” or the like. Then your experience will be related and you may get the work permit. As I have probably mentioned before in these forums, the business of getting a work permit is tricky–you need to know how to phrase the application and how they are treating applications these days. Your trading company’s HR department will probably NOT know how to do this and will mess up your application unless you supervise it every step of the way. Of course you will also need to do some research. I think there is some information here in this forum that you will find useful.