Does someone know how long time does it take to divorce in Taiwan if both partners agree?

Does someone know how long time does it take to divorce in Taiwan if both partners agree?

1. Go to a bookstore and buy a divorce kit. Approximately $85 NTD. (5 minutes)
  2. Fill out the divorce document. (5 minutes)
  3. Go to the Household Registration Office, take a number, wait until called, husband and wife both sign the document in front of the clerk. (Time will vary)
  4. Divorced.
  5. Then, the foreign spouse must leave Taiwan or go to the NIA and hope they will be allowed to stay based on having a child. No child, no stay.

Good luck Rainbou! :bow:

3. Go to the Household Registration Office, take a number, wait until called, husband and wife both sign the document in front of the clerk. (Time will vary)
  4. Divorced.
  5. Then, the foreign spouse must leave Taiwan or go to the NIA and hope they will be allowed to stay based on having a child. No child, no stay.

Good luck Rainbou! :bow:[/quote]

Thank you for your answer!
So, if I understand right, it is possible to divorce in only one day?

An uncontested divorce is probably the fastest official act one can perform in this country.

By the way, what about a document which proves I am single or divorced. Would I get such document?
:eh:

Took only a few minutes for me and my then wife. We went to the local registration office (at the nearest police station) and said we wanted to divorce.

There was a single page form to fill out. It was about 5nt or something. And then we affixed our chops to it. I think we had two witnesses. And this little clerk checked our id and then asked if there was any contentions in the divorce. We said no , individually and then she stamped the document and that was it. We were now divorced.

I went back to making visa runs within days.

You then staple this divorce document to your original marriage certificate and you are set. Proof that you were married and are now divorced.

im not married so this question is purely out of academic interest, but is the NIA automatically notified when someone gets divorced or is it the honour system. As in you don’t tell them and they don’t know.

If I would like to get married once again, I would must to have a document to prove I am single. And I cannot get that document without a document which proves I’m divorced… I think it’s like this :ponder:

[quote=“Yuki0510”]
If I would like to get married once again, I would must to have a document to prove I am single. And I cannot get that document without a document which proves I’m divorced… I think it’s like this :ponder:[/quote]

I didn’t even want to think about how difficult this concept would be to the Taiwanese authorities, so I simply had my second marriage in Hong Kong where they accepted a Taiwanese divorce certificate and my own good word that I was single.

4. Divorced.

Good luck Rainbou! :bow:[/quote]

Sorry to bump an old thread up, questions about this divorce kit you can buy at bookstore, does this form mentions about property\assets division?
Or if we both agree to the divorce, we simply get divorced and thats it?
If one spouse does not live in taiwan, can i just send the filled document for the other party to sign, ship it back to me and i go submit the form alone in taiwan?

I also want to know this answer… after divorcing, do you need to inform the Immigration office…?? I was told by one Forumosan member… no… is this true???