Does Soy really cause gynecomastia?

I get that. I don’t have much choice near where I work, but there is a place that sells it nearby and they do a good job with it. I’m not vegetarian. Far from it, but I like food that tastes good. I recommend it on taste alone.

1 Like

Soy based diets have been used to reduce the effects of women in menopause who have low estrogen. Just saying…

I love things like tofu and a glass of soy milk here and there. But it’s not something I would eat a lot of. Especially these soy based meat where it’s questionably from GMO crops.

I like tofu and soy milk soup (ones where they have a bunch of yo tiao in it) but I hate soy “meat”.

Also tofu takes some special preparation to taste good. Eating it in a salad is not one of them.

1 Like

Eating tofu instead of carbs…No brainer. One makes you fat , screws up your insulin and you may also get man boobs, the other doesn’t.

1 Like

Family Mart is now selling Not Burgers…

I think there’s something to the whole phytoestrogen thing because there was one period of time when I was snacking on edamame entirely too often and it actually accelerated my menstrual cycle. It was very surprising for me because I never have irregular cycles, so I knew my bean habit had fucked with nature.

I don’t know what too much soy does to men, if anything, but I know not to eat as much edamame as I was eating during that time. Which to be fair, was definitely way too much. I still eat and drink soy products regularly and have not run into any more issues.

5 Likes

Meat based plant.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: From soy

What age did you guys get fitted for your first manbra?

Asking for a friend…

1 Like

Having just scanned Google, apparently there’s a bunch of new studies claiming there’s no link between soy - estrogen levels - breast cancer.

That being said, having been following this off and on since the early days of gmo. It’s my understanding that gmo had allowed farmers to use stronger pesticides and insecticides. Now it’s a battle between resistant weeds and creating new herbicides. Even worse is the newest herbicide will drift to a neighboring farm that doesn’t have that specific gmo soybean and wipe that crop entirely. We’re eating that, that can’t be good.

" Farmers who are growing genetically modified, glyphosate-tolerant soybeans, meanwhile, have been using more weedkillers than their non-GMO neighbors. In fact, that gap has been widening in recent years.

Edward Perry of Kansas State University, a co-author of the new study, which appears in the journal Science Advances , says farmers may be using more herbicides on glyphosate-tolerant crops in recent years because they have to fight off an increasing number of weeds that have evolved to become resistant to glyphosate."

Is there a chance that it’s messing with our endocrine systems? I would say so. Is it directly causing me to have higher levels of estrogen? Hard to say.

"According to statistics from the Council of Agriculture, Taiwan’s major suppliers of soybeans are Brazil and the US.

Because imported Brazilian soybeans are not made for processing, Taiwan’s soy food products are mainly made of soybeans imported from the US."

I would guess it’s a combination of things. Soybeans don’t fall under “really anabolic” foods. So if you have a poor diet eating processed foods made with soy, microwaved in a BPA lined can or container and you have a high BMI (which fat cells make estrogen I believe). You might also be depressed and very inactive.

(Mind you I am just visiting here right now)

Personally I try to avoid processed food and soy all together. If I order hot and sour soup I pick out or eat around the tofu.

At one point everyday I was either grilling up a bunch of pieces of boned chicken for the week, or cooking a ribeye steak or pan searing some salmon and always with broccoli. It seemed I was gaining muscle without even working out.

I would think this is the opposite of a diet leading to low testosterone levels.

Never…I’m liberated. I just let mine flap in the breeze like squishy flags. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi,

Can you tell me where you buy Beyond Meat? Are you in Taipei? Also, do you know of any restaurants that serve it here? Thanks!

It was in Citysuper when I was last there a month or so ago.

Thank you!

Also

1 Like

This is perfect! Thanks a bunch!

Is this beyond fried chicken in tw? Or just a photo?

Looks bomb
Im craven some new tasty processed food!

When in :us: a while back i red tw is #1 in the world for mock meat, when you dont eat animals its great to be around #1 and not 36, 52, or 125
I love tw!

I actually enjoy a Beyond Burger. It hasn’t caused me to stop eating meat, but if it tastes good, I’ll eat it.

Does it actually taste good? I just don’t see the point of it. If I want to eat something that taste like meat; I will eat the meat. It’s not the meat that’s unhealthy. Most fast food chains burgers are actually pretty healthy as it’s 100% beef with salt and pepper seasoning. It’s the fries, process carbs, sugary sauces and drinks that do you in. Not the actual meat.

It does. It’s a slightly different texture. I know it’s not meat, but I really do like the texture and taste. I like it…by itself as a separate foodstuff in a vacuum.

2 Likes