Does the Chinese visa point system apply to those working in diplomatic missions?

Obviously not the best place to post this, but I tried on a China forum and got flagged for spam.

I have been offered a job at a Consulate General in Shanghai, and am concerned about the Z visa process.

The new points system seems sort of absurd, because even if you were to have a bachelors degree plus a HSK 6 certificate, you still wouldn’t get enough points if you were under 26.

I saw there is a section called Direct Qualification on the points system, but I don’t know if this includes working in a diplomatic mission.

I presume having a job offer letter from a consulate general opens a lot of doors when applying for visas, but I am curious if anyone here has experience with it.

Thanks

You sure? Age is only one of nine things, and you only need 60 points.

Visa-Points-Table-Updated

1 Like

Host governments don’t normally get involved in the internal hiring practices/standards/etc. and potentially associated visa requirements of diplomatic missions.

You haven’t mentioned what countries’ diplomatic mission, but USA for example would never allow China to dictate consulate hiring standards/requirements.

They basically just give simple standard info like name, birthday, etc. to China and say we need a visa for this person.

Also depends on type of hire which you don’t really talk about.

So the answer to the question is no. Unless you are in some type of very unique job posting in which they have agreed to provide associated information to obtain visa.

And the consulate should be managing everything. Don’t know why you are even concerned. Unless they told you we will hire you if you get your own work visa???

2 Likes