Does the massive Asian-American killings last few days scare anyone from USA travel?

Scooter or car accidents?

I worry about hitting scooters, I don’t worry about getting hurt in a car crash, I find Taiwan less dangerous than the US, if you don’t count scooters.

The accident I saw in real time yesterday was an SUV clipping a scooter because they were both driving like idiots. They both just drove away afterwards, only stopped for a few seconds and nobody said a word

Maybe down south is different?

Two were cars and scooters. The one i just mentioned above was sorta the scooters fault for cutting in front of the SUV without signalling (but the SUV was on the wrong lane and changing lane without signalling)

Today I saw a car had hit a scooter, didn’t see it happen, there were people lying on the ground and stretchers, but I didn’t see a little tent over a body (something I have only seen once in my life, here in Taiwan). I just turned on my hazards, went around the car, and continued home.

The third one, a minivan had driven directly into a support pillar holding up an elevated tollway. 5 or 6 other cars as well as a police cruiser were parked around. Don’t know who did what to cause it (speeding, driving too close, and not signalling are likely), but no sign of any scooters or bodies

Unfortunately that appears to be the case

Wait where is sex in all this ?

There are lots of accidents in Taiwan
But I want to say the Bay Area is catching up

There are lots that are not reported in the news

We have this app called Nextdoor and people write in with all sorts of hit and runs

And the Citizen app is always squawking some incident happening here and there and accidents

There are so many

It’s not safer crossing on crosswalks here either

3 killed in SF crosswalks this month so far

1 Like

Just maybe I am used to safe Japan so this news is too shocking to me as Americans seems used to it, low crime and lower traffic health problems. My Fukuoka relatives only recent news to me was about Taiwanese at the ramen shop with maybe some cultural issues so getting to slow news month in Japan.

Yep. I’ve seen loads. A woman was killed crossing at the crosswalk right outside my house. Saw her two young children and husband praying at the spot a few days later. It is crazy how many accidents I’ve seen or just missed.

So sad
Crosswalks don’t mean it’s safe

Same anywhere now you can get mowed over
On crosswalks

They don’t seem to mean anything anymore

They are all counted as deaths, but they are separated into 2 categories. The ones that happen within 24 hours are the ones used for their main number.

That’s so sad. :disappointed:

1 Like

Where did you get that information?

1 Like

they have used deaths within 30 days since the last April for their monthly statistics of police administration.

Nowadays in the US nearly every driver is looking at their phone while driving. People don’t all tint their windows like in Taiwan so you can easily see it.

It’s now dangerous to walk or bike anywhere there are moving vehicles and no sidewalks.

1 Like

Being cheap freeloaders is a “cultural issue”?

1 Like

After seeing the video in this link I think driving is a good choice, public transport in USA (not sure what city is this??) is awful. The Asian girl nightmare on the underground carriage, very sad to see the video.

It’s NYC.

1 Like

I agree that public transit in the US can be a lot better. It’s incredible that such a rich country does such a poor job with something this basic.

Guy

1 Like

For Americans, the car is a symbol of freedom. You won’t get many votes telling people you want to tax them more so they can ride the bus more.

1 Like