I regularly read the news. BUT I realise most of it’s just sensationalism to sell newspapers.
- I regularly read the news. And it depresses me.
- I hardly ever read the news. Not interested.
- I hardly ever read the news, BECAUSE it depresses me.
- I don’t need to read the news, I already know the world’s going to hell in a handbag.
- There are English newspapers in Taiwan?
To what extent does the news freak you out?
Yesterday, reading the Taipei Times I was left feeling somewhat gloomy. The only piece of “uplifting news” that had me laughing was an inset on a local celebrity insisting that her nipples are light chocolate in color, and not black as everyone saw when they recently popped out of her dress, and a South African Scientist, Prof Manger, that claims dolphins are actually dumb much to the horror of dolphin lovers everywhere.
Reading the headlines on a South African news website I’m just mulling over this and wondered how the rest of you feel. The headlines read:
Sport losing to whiskey…
Johannesburg fire claims 10th victim…
Man torn to pieces by cars…
Dead school girl was raped… :loco:
World loves SA wine…