Does this dead pixel = Big Brother watching?

Here’s an odd thing on my laptop at work.

I have noticed a dead pixel for the last few weeks…BUT it is in a different place whenever I reboot. mmm, so I thought it’s some kind of driver problem with the graphics card or something. I’m sure hardware problems would be evident if the pixel stayed in one place.
Anyway, just now I put the tip of my cursor on it, and WOW, it turns into a scroll bar!! :astonished: I can’t move the scroll bar. :frowning:
here are some before and after pics:

WTF is it? a virus? a hidden camera for the boss to spy on me?

I’m more interested in how you did a print screen that included the cursor.

But that IS very interesting.

Go to the task manager and start switching stuff off till it goes away (write down what got rid of it and let us know).

[quote=“irishstu”]I’m more interested in how you did a print screen that included the cursor.

But that IS very interesting.

Go to the task manager and start switching stuff off till it goes away (write down what got rid of it and let us know).[/quote]

I use an app called “SnagIt”. Very handy to capture screen shot by region (fixed or variable) or even video clips of screen activity. Also includes a studio app to add graphics before export.

Anyway, the pixel has gone again even though I haven’t done anything application-wise to affect it.

Man, it must even be able to read what you’re writing here then! Must’ve known what you were about to do and then buggered off for a while.

It could be a web bug. Kind of spyware, you can google for it. If you use anti spyware it should catch it.

Maybe some function that has been activated with the mouse (clicking the scroll-wheel for example)?

Some spyware would be my guess too…

yes Rascal, I think we might be closer. It’s an IBM thinkpad with both the touch pad and G-Spot type of mouse things, and there is a centre blue button that converts the G-Spot into a scroll device. The tiny scroll icon that comes up during the scroll is the same, but I’m not sure what determines how the dead pixel stays on from time to time. I virtually never use the scroll function of the G-Spot/Blue centre button.

yes Rascal, I think we might be closer. It’s an IBM thinkpad with both the touch pad and G-Spot type of mouse things, and there is a centre blue button that converts the G-Spot into a scroll device. The tiny scroll icon that comes up during the scroll is the same, but I’m not sure what determines how the dead pixel stays on from time to time. I virtually never use the scroll function of the G-Spot/Blue centre button.[/quote]

hehe… thats cool :blush: I’ve got one of those too… a G-spot that is… however I don’t have the pixel defect. Maybe it is an optional upgrade :laughing:

yes Rascal, I think we might be closer. It’s an IBM thinkpad with both the touch pad and G-Spot type of mouse things, and there is a centre blue button that converts the G-Spot into a scroll device. The tiny scroll icon that comes up during the scroll is the same, but I’m not sure what determines how the dead pixel stays on from time to time. I virtually never use the scroll function of the G-Spot/Blue centre button.[/quote]

hehe… thats cool :blush: I’ve got one of those too… a G-spot that is… however I don’t have the pixel defect. Maybe it is an optional upgrade :laughing:[/quote]
well, a single pixel IS hard to find too…

Borrrrring… I was hoping for something much more spy-like.

Oh well…