Does your gf believe Western men do housework?

Buttercup said, “Western men do it eventually, when they realise nobody else is going to do it and they’ve not seen the remote for a fortnight.”

Please excuse my ignorance.

Is “remote” British patois for “vagina?” :ponder:

And she replied, “Tu Di Gong says it’s Man’s work!”

[quote=“AlexBlackman”][quote=“urodacus”][quote=“rocky raccoon”]
Granted, I’m probably a little jealous because this is probably how Yanks are perceived here:

[/quote]
in what way is that off the mark?
:astonished:[/quote]
Well, he’s too slim for a start…[/quote]

Yep, Slim Pickens, one of the best stage names ever.
As directed by SK and with PS at his daffy best.

[quote=“zender”]Please excuse my ignorance.

Is “remote” British patois for “vagina?” :ponder:[/quote]

Roger that, or at least Oxbridge patois for same. BCup has the trope-noggin now.

[quote=“maunaloa”][quote=“zender”]Please excuse my ignorance.

Is “remote” British patois for “vagina?” :ponder:[/quote]

Roger that, or at least Oxbridge patois for same. BCup has the trope-noggin now.[/quote]

And “Roger that” is the Oxbridge lingo for . . . ?

“Roger that” is 'merican for “Roger” as in “received your transmission by radio (and you are correct)”. Invented by the guys that put the cowboy on the Bomb.

For Lord Lucan,
.-. .-. .-.

She has it SO backward. Having dated a few white guys and mostly asians, I’ve noticed that Asian men DO do housework and white guys have a tendency to be slobs.

That’s perfect, because I am keen to do housework, while my future wife should expect to bring home the bacon.

Ah, Yes.

I see.

I mean . . .

I ROGER you.

I am clearly Rogering you.

I’m not a girlfriend, nor am I local, but my white man loves doing the housework. In fact, he tells me how eye should be doing the housework. In fact, when he tells me how things should be done, I say you do it yourself then, which he gladly does. He loves to do the laundry and thinks EVERYTHING should be washed in hot water and ten t-shirts warrant a “large load” setting on the machine. Fine, my environmentally-friendliness hasn’t rubbed off on you, that’s fine. You pay the bills, you wash on large and on hot.

When I hand wash dishes he tells me throw it in the dishwasher, it’s cleaner. I’m pretty clean AND I use warm to hot water. Not good enough. He takes a glass out to have a sip of water, he puts that glass in the dishwasher when it can easily be handwashed tout de suite. In fact, he puts anything and everything in the dishwasher. When he’s home, we turn on the dishwasher EVERY FREAKIN DAY. There’s two of us. We have a professional Viking dishwasher. It’s 3/4 full on days when we use as many dishes as we can! But nope, no handwashing allowed. I’d like to believe he wants me to preserve my super sexy soft as a baby’s butt hands. That’s what I’ll believe. On two occasions he has thrown out my dish sponge. “Oh, oops, I threw it out by mistake, it looked dirty.” Right.

When done with towels and we hang them back up (ie. wiping our hands, or the dish towel that’s hanging on the oven towel holder accidentally touches the ground when we open the oven) and if we miss and it falls to the floor or even touches the floor, in the laundry it goes, no questions asked.

Mind you, I vacuum our house, I sweep our house, no shoes inside, anti-bacterial wipes and sprays is our middle name, but my dear old Western man still thinks the floor is dirty.

There’s more but I can’t think of it. I hope you don’t mind if I post more later on. This is therapy for me!

Yes, it’s true, there are men born and raised in the west who lurve doing housework.

We should trade. I don’t live here, but I always do the dishes (dirty kitchens are effin ICKY), wipe down the bathroom counter (his mountains of facial hair shavings), clean the kitchen counters, and pretty much sanitize the place.
He keeps all the “clutter” picked up because clutter drives him wonky, but as for actual CLEANING, he just doesn’t get it.

that or he’s a germaphobe

Well, I don’t love it, but i do it and I am proud of it.

Shame. Some of you guys are so pussy-whipped.

Hey!
If I could afford to take helicopters to Hualien, like you, I’d spring for a maid, too. :wink:

I’m taking a chopper to Manila tonight. Wanna come? No girlfriend or wives allowed. Leave them at home to do something useful.

I’d love to, but I promised my better half that I’d mop the floors tonight.