Does your girlfriend/wife like shopping?

Mine doesn’t! :astonished: As an example, eight months ago I gave her NT5000 gift certificates to the Idee store. She loves Idee! Every time we would go there, she would say, “This is nice! Ohhhh… it’s 300 dollars! If I wait 4 more months, I can buy it for 250 dollars.”. Is this unusual? :idunno: In contrast, all of my other buddies girlfriends/wives want to spend their money as fast as they make it! Is this a difference in up-bringing? I don’t know. I guess I could have named this post “Does your girlfriend/wife like shopping, but not spending money?”. :blush: Any thoughts?

I know, I know… a woman that doesn’t want to spend my money is a keeper!!! :smiley: I’m holding on to this one!

NO she wants to spend your money, but like a smart one, she’s gonna wait for a bargain. I don’t blame her considering how shitty things are made here. YOu go girl

Oh man does she. She has a serious problem with it. Like last week when Starbucks announced a 15% sale for all items. The perfect partner feels it’s here civil duty to buy something. Okay, so now I have a really great Bodum espresso maker and a battery operated whipper/foamer…

I see it as possibly developing into a real problem between us. I am not a cheapskate, but it borders on the ridiculous sometimes. Especially seeing as we are SINKs at the moment.

Or, maybe she is waiting to make a big purchase so she is “saving” it all up. “Well dear, I NEVER buy anything!” Maybe it’s a car, scooter, house,… or a diamond ring! :astonished: Oh crap… I don’t feel so good… :sick:

I have seen the Devil and I name him [color=red]Coach Handbags[/color]. He also goes by the name [color=red]LV Handbags[/color]. $35,000NT on a f**king purse? :frowning:

Ouch!

How about the incessant gift buying for people she doesn’t even like?

I

Ouch!

How about the incessant gift buying for people she doesn’t even like?[/quote]

It would be okay if it was just one. :frowning:

Yes. My wife.

Not really. She likes talkign about it though. For example, I now know that the Coach handbags mentioned by DB, actually cost way mroe than 35000NT.

Brian

I like spending money and I like having new clothes and stuff, but I absolutely hate shopping.

i hate going shopping with my wife because she wants me to be right there in front of the dressing room when she comes out of it. i can’t even be looking at my own clothes while i’m waiting for her. she’s really high maintanence.
i also don’t like going to the grocery store with her because she takes 10 minutes to pick out a carton of milk!!! drives me up the wall. of course, we never get bad milk, so she has her logic.

Shopping.

My ex-girlfriend used to go shopping to department stores thrice a week. I used to take her out of consideration because it was quite far to get to kaohsiung City from our humble abode.

She would spend about three or four hours looking at clothes and trying on shoes that she had tried on the previous week. She would hardly ever buy anything though.

Saturdays were the worst. Boredom strikes as I wait for the nth time for her to appear from behind the curtain of concealment where clothes are donned and arranged.

Glancing around the artificially lit department store I would observe other males in similar predicaments. Some would be reading but most would be counting the patterns on the carpet or playing snake on their mobile phones.

As time went on I started to gain a fear of department stores. Mind numbing boredom straffed with uninteresting flashes of attire gradually wore me down.

One day I decided that my Ex should take the bus because I was sick to death of hanging around and wasting my time. At this she was appaulled and she sought to inform me that I was an unconsidetate and ungrateful oaf.

Arguments ensued. I gave in and spent more hours whiling away the time trying to write songs in my head or make paper aeroplanes out of used receipts.

3 years of shopping and then we broke up. I am such a mug.

You wont catch me in a Department Store. Ever.

I get all my clothes from the rag market.

danger mouse,
next relationship bring her to a store you love but know she’ll find boring to death. when she complains, tell her that’s how you feel shopping for clothes. of course that won’t work. nothing works. Adam shouldn’t have eaten that apple cause now we’re all screwed!!

Worse, a f**king UGLY purse!! :noway: :noway: :loco:

Coach is a great purse if you are going to plunk down money. But women who shop at LV should be shot for that f#$ked up leather they use…

Dangermouse, there are plenty of women out there who don’t care for shopping. I know i don’t(not a hit on) and shopping to me is get in , get the stuff and get out. I got better things to do with my time.

[quote=“rantheman”]I hate going shopping with my wife because she wants me to be right there in front of the dressing room when she comes out of it. I can’t even be looking at my own clothes while I’m waiting for her. she’s really high maintanence.
I also don’t like going to the grocery store with her because she takes 10 minutes to pick out a carton of milk!!! drives me up the wall. of course, we never get bad milk, so she has her logic.[/quote]

I hear ya, I know exactly what you mean.

You know I once was amazed on how the women would know the timing the sales for every season. Down to the week, day, and hour…stalking the article of clothing.

Sometimes they buy stuff that didn’t even fit, but it was on sale… :help:

One of the strangest experiences I had with an avid shopper was with an illegal street vendor. The cops were coming down the street and the vendors were packing up to go as is customary. And my friend insisted one of the vendors show her more wares at the time… :loco:

Yeah, one of my students goes shopping in HK. Came back one time with a NT$24,000 Gucchi bag. :loco:

The secret is to tell your lovely early in the relationship that you have an internal clock that only lets you shop for two hours. If she wants three hours, you require ice cream. She’ll get a laugh, but miraculously, she’ll never make you shop for more than a few hours. Works like a charm.