Does your girlfriend/wife like shopping?

That’s a good one. I usually just tell a new girlfriend that my hatred of shopping must be a genetic trait passed down from my mom because everyone on my mom’s side of the family hates to shop while my dad loves it. Don’t know why this works, but they seem to find it amusing and usually choose to go shopping with their friends instead of me.

Dangermouse, man I understand :fume: . I had this woman once who did the “trail” every week. Same shop, same crap, same price all the time drove me crazy! Dumped her eventually; not just because of her boring shopping habits.

Bahhhh, you bought back some memories; far too much wasted time. Now, I love shopping with my woman. She’s funny, quick, and we spend more time ripping the piss out of other people that trying clothes on. Lovely!

LV handbags…WTF They are ugly and common. If I bought one for her she’d trade it in for a stack of CDs and some shoes…lots of 'em!

Thanks for reminding me just how much life has improved! :laughing:

What a strange topic. You guys, what do you think bars are for?
Getting out of shopping is easy – go once (for politeness’ sake) and simply tell her that ANYTHING and EVERYTHING she tries on is “fine,” no matter how ludicrous it looks. Chances are, she won’t ask you to go a second time.
My wife is worse when SHE accompanies ME on shopping trips, as she makes me (or tries to make me) try things on before I buy them. WTF? I’m 46 years old – I KNOW how long my legs are and what my waist and collar size are.
And don’t even get me started on shoes. I’m a 43, therefore size 43 shoes fit me. See? Simple.
And yet, the funny thing is, she just totally fails to understand why I would POSSIBLY require to play on 15 guitars or saxophones in a shop – I mean, they all look pretty much exactly the same, don’t they?
Hiking boots, too. Why on earth would you need to try ten different pairs?

And to us guys, whatever they try on looks equally fine. Unable to tell the difference, I sometimes flip a coin in my head and say “I like that one better.” Then when she says, “Really? I like the other one better”, I want to scream “So why did you even bother asking me??” But I don’t…

Yeah, one of my students goes shopping in HK. Came back one time with a NT$24,000 Gucchi bag. :loco:[/quote]Reminds me of that old joke about the village idiot who spent his last five pound note on a wallet to put it in.

My girlfriend announced the other day that we don’t spend enough time in stores…even if it’s me doing the shopping. She feels there is much enjoyment to be had just being INSIDE any store larger than the 7-11.

So when we went to Welcome the other day, I made sure we spent extra time in the frozen food’s section, the houseware’s aisle, and of course the boxed cereal section.

I swear that when we left, she was in a blissful state one step short of a sexual afterglow quickie :unamused: .

My wife just bought a CD bag for Christmas.

I am a little worried about me becoming such an expert on ladies handbags. :astonished:

Consider yourself lucky, the only bag my Mrs. likes is the little blue one with “Tiffany” written on the side. :blush:

If you really love her, you will just give her your credit card. :laughing:

She already has two of them, of the platinum variety! :astonished:

If you guys prefer:
“See ya honey” then she walks out the door with the platinum card.
You wait until the end of the month to freak out.
Bill. Thump. :noway: (That would be you fainting)

See there are alternatives.

Shopping? That’s what her girlfriends are for.

Strip clubs? That’s what your guys friends are for.

See, everybody’s happy. :laughing:

I’m nobody’s S.O. right now, but I mostly hate shopping. I like shoes and handbags, but I hate shopping for them. I hate the crowds, parking hassles, waiting in line, and incompetent store clerks. I’m so thankful I can buy things online nowadays.

:laughing: at this thread

If your SO likes to shop, just let her do so openly… if you go against her on this… she’ll still find a way to sneak behind your back… hiding shopping bags and shopping around the house… having the credit card statement sent to work instead of home, etc
:laughing:

I reckon it’s better to have an open relationship :slight_smile:

[quote=“She”]If your SO likes to shop, just let her do so openly… if you go against her on this… she’ll still find a way to sneak behind your back… hiding shopping bags and shopping around the house… having the credit card statement sent to work instead of home, etc
:laughing:

I reckon it’s better to have an open relationship :slight_smile:[/quote]

You been cheatin on me with Visa? You bitch!

haha! :laughing:

lucky for you it isnt a black amex

That is sooo true SHE!
Where did all those new shoes come from?
I have a fairy shoe godmother! :laughing:

My wedding Anniversay 11 January. So I take the lovely missus downtown for some lunch and and afternoon of shopping.

She only bought a new DVD player, a 21 inch Sony flat screen ( for her bedrooom table ) got me to install a satellite system in the bedroom ( I really didnt want TV in the bedroom ) and several more goodies for herself.

The damage was worth it, seeing as I got a great wife. And anyways I keep her shacked up here in the mountains away from the daily temptations so it was only fair.

[color=red]
Edited by moderator
[/color]

I just had my first experience in the fancy Department stores here. I went with my GF’s family to a big store in Taipei for “New Years shopping.” My jaw is still resting on the ground as an aftereffect of my reaction to the prices in this place. :astonished:

I come from a middle-class American family and I have an appreciation for nice stuff (i.e. I don’t shop for clothes at Walmart) but I would never dream of spending the type of scrill required to purchase the godawful trendy crap I saw here. :noway:

$30,000 NT handbags, sure. $10,000 shirts, yeah. Even beyond clothes: there was a furnishings store selling hideous plastic chairs for $30,000 each. This was like IKEA type shit at 30 times the price.

My question is: How in the world do people afford to actually buy this stuff?

If someone is making $30,000/month, they would blow the whole months pay on one outfit or handbag or whatever. And a lot of the young people’s habit is financially supported by their parents (like my GF’s family), how do the parents afford it? To me, having the money to spend on this is called “disposable income” and I can’t get over how much some people have here.

I am being judgemental I know, and I probaly sound pretty naive (maybe it’s the same in the US but I just don’t run in those circles?) I am shell-shocked by the whole thing to say the least.

This is the way my girl explained it to me. Money is passed down from one generation to the next. In her family, they have been doing this for the last six generations. :astonished: Unfortunately, she also said that the current generation is wasting all of this money on $30,000 chairs, etc. She firmly believes the next generation or two are going to be quite poor. I don’t know. She knows better than I do about Taiwanese people and their money.