Dog chewed PDA, can the screen be replaced?

I have a Palm Tungsten E2. My dog has a nasty habit of taking things off the living room table. Usually it’s only paper that she can shred. This time, though, she took my PDA that was in its soft case. I guess she thought it was a toy and chewed on it. After I found it on the ground, I turned it on and found the touch screen is now ruined. Can these be replaced or am I going to have to get a fully new PDA?

I am sure they can be replaced, however the cost of doing so might approach the cost of a new PDA unfortunately. Perhaps you could try the Guang Ha (sp?) market.

What Truant said.

As someone who’s just had the screen on his TH55 inexplicably break I feel your pain.

I am sure they can be replaced, however the cost of doing so might approach the cost of a new PDA unfortunately. Perhaps you could try the Guang Ha (sp?) market.[/quote]

Well, it seems you were correct. I visited a PDA store in the Nova superstore in Zhongli. They said a replacement screen would cost between 4-5 thou. I said ok I guess I have to get one, to which they replied, “what would you want to do that for? We have brand new E2s for only 7200.” Wound up buying a new one in the end.

i have a friend in that nova - known him for some time. his english is not bad too (although you should be ok) …

sorry i’m too late on this.

[quote=“xtrain”]I have a friend in that nova - known him for some time. his English is not bad too (although you should be ok) …

sorry I’m too late on this.[/quote]

You may not be too late in one respect. My gf has suddenly taken an interest in the devices. I still have the broken one and she might be interested in fixing it for her own use, assuming it doesn’t cost 3/4 the price of a new one to do so. If your friend has a line on affordable replacement screens, definitely let me know.

i’ll dig around for his number, but for anyone else in chung li who goes to NOVA, but can’t find help in english, find erick. he’s on the second floor, next the apple display. him and his 2 partners will look after you.

if you take the escalator up, you will have to turn right, and then turn right again.

the sign looks like this: