Dog Friendly Parks and Places in Taipei

Hi all, I am new to the city. Anyone knows of any dog friendly places and parks in Taipei? Many thanks!

There are river parks all over Taipei. Many of these are great places for dogs. The river park between Shi Da and Yong Ho is a good place, I take my dog there quite a bit to play with other dogs. A lot of people take their dogs there, sometimes its like a big party for dogs.

Thanks Vatu, do you know what the park is called in Chinese? Also, do you know of any pet friendly restaurants? Thanks so much!

Welcome to Forumosa, lovedino!

Check out this thread: Dog-friendly restaurants, etc in Taipei

This thread has a decent amalgamation of pets and other animals related topics, and you might find it useful in times:

Pets info, pets problems, vets lists, Taiwan animals, etc.

Cheers!

NTU campus is quite dog friendly. And there is a large open field on the campus just at the back gate (Fuxing and Xinhai Roads). I take my dog to NTU twice daily for walks and play.

A lot of parks theoretically forbid dog walking but it’s not enforced. Just do everyone a favour and take pick up the poop.

Thanks so much, bobepine, Tigerman and Juba, all these info will come in very handy. :slight_smile:

And a word to the wise - don’t even take your dog out - even to a dog-tolerant restaurant - if you’re not confident in his ability to behave. If it’s going to bark, pee, or move around a lot, you’re not doing the other customers any favours by bringing it along - leave it at home.

A few Sundays ago, a dog relieved himself right on the patio of my favorite Sunday brunch spot. The dog’s owner sopped up large puddle with a bunch of tissues hastily grabbed from the restroom. The dog was also not content to stay still, and kept trying to come under our table. I asked the owner to restrain his dog and he said “mei banfa - ta hen pi.” (It can’t be helped - he’s very naughty) I felt like throwing him and his dog over the fence.

Zhonghe No.4 near YongAn Market MRT station is definitely dog friendly. They’ve got 2 big “dog pens” for the dogs to run around in. Owners get park benches to sit while the dogs frolick. The dog friendly cafe Bowo cafe closed recently though.