Dog Parks

are there any dog parks in Taipei for dogs to run around off leash and play? I haven’t seen anything so far except for parks with dogs on leash. I want to let my dog off his leash to play with others and get some good exercise but i dont want him to scare others or run off unless its in an enclosed area. :C

In Yonghe, there are two off-leash enclosed areas at the number 4 park, one for big dogs and one for small dogs. Not sure if that’s too far for you though. It’s about a 2 min walk from the Yongan Market MRT station.

thank you thank you thank you :smiley: will have to check it out

Does anyone have any more info on dog parks? One of my dogs is getting up there in age. Id like him to get some more chances to run in the open field as he grew up with me on a large piece of land in Texas where he could run around before I brought him to Taiwan.

They just opened up a new one in Huashan area, corner of Linsen and Civil Boulevard.

There is one in Neihu but I am not sure of the address. Anyone?

1 Like

There’s a dog park next to Dajia riverside park, I think its called Yingfeng. It’s pretty big and they have some ramps/tunnels for the dogs to run through.

1 Like

There are many around the various riverside parks. I’ve personally seen at least three different ones, and I’m not even looking out for them since I don’t own a dog. I think the riversides are most likely your best bet.

Besides that one in Dajia Riverside Park, there’s also one in Luzhou that I’ve seen at the riverside, and one in Yonghe at the section of riverside park that is closest to Ren’ai Park.

1 Like

There’s people in Daan park everyday now letting their dogs off the leash for a run around and to play with other dogs. Makes a refreshing change.

Yes, unfortunately he was with a family that had young little boys that were too rough on him as a puppy before I took him in. So he will bark and run at little boys. Especially the ones that don’t understand and antagonize him more.

I thought dogs off leashes was prohibited in Da an park. I take my dogs to the dog park in Bitan. It’s not bad, lots of space for them to run around.

I’m glad to see you guys walking and running with your pups, unlike those that carry them around in pet strollers.

1 Like

I’m sure it is but a blind eye is turned I guess.

Actually, all parks -except dog parks- have that rule. However, we know what happens.

Anyone can help with Chinese addresses for dog parks? I have a dog and feel sad that he’s trapped in an apartment or on a leash. I take him to Daan is nearby, but they are supposed to have the leash there. Key word…supposed to.

A few links:

Taipei
http://www.tcapo.gov.taipei/ct.asp?xItem=68603149&CtNode=69528&mp=105033

http://www.ipeen.com.tw/comment/613696

New Taipei:

1 Like

Thanks!

The Tan Mei Happy Pet Park (潭美毛寶貝快樂公園)

I love how “pet” is actually “fur baby”. :dog: :baby:

More about those buses here:

1 Like

take him to a river park, i always see dogs running around there off their leash. some are just chilliln in the grass doing nothing. oh wait those were strays…