Dog supplies store

Im looking for a good pet supply store. You know Petco-kind, but maybe on warehouse type level. I have been to the one on Roosevelt rd near taipower, so im looking for more opitions. Thanks for the help :laughing:

There is a largeish one further down Roosevelt Road - Section 4 - between Gonguan and Jingmei MRT stops. There is another big pet store at the junction of Minquan East Road and Linsen North Road, and one on Jilong Road not far south of the Xinyi Road junction. Some people would advocate not buying from pet stores that sell puppies, because impulse buying contributes to the stray dog problem or some such argument.

Most vets sell the basic stuff like leashes, collars, chews etc. I imagine they make more money from selling pet food and accessories than they do from actually treating animals. Supermarkets like Wellcome also sell pet food and basic accessories.

There is a small but very comprehensive pet supply store on Tingzhou Rd behind Gongguan MRT station (directions: turn towards Tingzhou from Kungkuan MRT exit 4. Turn left at Tingzhou. It’s on the right-hand side right at the entrance of the next lane). That’s where I get everything for my cat. I like the store because they don’t sell any pets but always have some running around including a big lab that I still remember being a little puppy. The store is small and cramped. But they seem to have a bigger store in Chonghe and be able to get you supply from there if you need it.

There are also loads of pet stores selling things like airline carriers on Chungshan Nth Rd up in Shilin.

HTH
Iris

There’s a new store opening up in Neihu, just down the road from Costco and Tesco on Jiuzong Road. It looks to be one of those warehouse-type pet stores. We’ll see when it opens I guess. Looks like they’re just doing the finishing touches on the construction…

Now that’s what I’m talkin about. Thanks a million yuan maoman!!!

So did that warehouse place open yet? I think I may have seen it. Any directions. Is it on the other side of HuanDong/Civil Blvd. from the Costco area?

I recently “discovered” a fairly big and well stocked pet-shop on Tianmu West Rd., called GiGi or QiQi or so, I can’t remember the character. On the same side as HSBC, but closer to Tianmu Central. They had a few items I have so far looked for in vain in all the other pet-shops …

Yes, Maoman, is that pet Superstore open yet? Would be nice to know! Thanks, Xpet.

A pet-supplies WAREHOUSE store? Oh joy of joys! :slight_smile:

For anyone in Yung/Chung Ho in the meantime, there’s a well-stocked mid-sized place on Cheng-jung Road, Yung Ho, just down from the Blockbuster and adjacent to the KFC (oops, just gave away my Saturday night routine!). They have a groovy older woman in-house vet and give discount cards to regulars, and will always direct you to the Taiwan-made pet products in the back, rather than the same stuff from Japan that’s twice the price.

I do wonder about these places that sell pups and kittens, but I think most are separate businesses in the same premises (vet, pet supplies, groomers, breeders) – I’ll bet the new warehouse store will be selling animals, anyway.

[quote=“Xpet”]I recently “discovered” a fairly big and well stocked pet-shop on Tianmu West Rd., called GiGi or QiQi or so, I can’t remember the character. On the same side as HSBC, but closer to Tianmu Central. They had a few items I have so far looked for in vain in all the other pet-shops …
[/quote]
I’m keen to visit this place on Monday night as I will be picking up Truant Jnr from the Yang Ming Vet. The vet is located very near the Tianmu Square on Tianmu East Rd. How far is it fron the square?(forgive my ‘out of town’ Tianmu knowledge) Cheers

This place is open - it’s just for Dogs Though - Doggy House or something like that. They told us today that they are opening a Cat House in the end of June/Early July - in the same area - near RTMart/Costco. The Doggy House has lots of stuff just for dogs and a cute little doggy boutique in it, along with a grooming center and it looked like dogs were welcome in the store. It’s on the road that runs past Costo, RT Mart 1 and RT Mart 2, at the intersection of Highway 1 or 3 (not sure which highway that is).

Yes, both stores are open; the Doggy House is easy to fine, as it has a giant dog on the roof.

There’s a store in Hsintien, in Baociao Rd No.54, next to the Carrefour. They stock high quality food, treats, toys, supplements, etc. They also do grooming. The owners are fantastic and really care about your pets. A great place to support.

They are also avid supporters of Animals Taiwan, and have rescued a number of needy stray animals themselves.

The store is called Gray’s, and, yes, they have stuff you won’t find anywhere else, and all of it the very best quality. There is an excellent pet grooming service there too. They really care about animals, and that’s why they only sell supplies and do not support the pet trade. :bravo:

It’s actually across from Carrefour, by the way.