Doggie Pee and Poop Etiquette

Ahhh carry on, just another habitual complainer. You’re going beyond the call of duty. I pick it up after it’s hit the ground, if there’s a wee smudge, so be it, and I don’t clean pee. I’m sure you’ll be the topic of gossip for a short time, then it’ll pass. Something juicy for the old ladies to talk about while they do their slapping/clapping exercises down at the park though. For the number of dogs on the street and irresponsible dog guardians, I don’t encounter much poop at all.

So today I called every freaking agency in Taipei County about the matter. Talked to 10 different people ranging from the environmental protection agency to the waste management department, to the department in charge of strays and every other agency in between. No one could give me a straight answer, the general consensus was that as long as I pick up my dog’s poop and it wasn’t peeing on private property I should be okay. I finally found someone at the environmental protection agency that directed me to a link that outlines the general etiquette for taking your pet outside. I explained the matter to him and he giggled and said that the whole situation is kinda ridiculous and that as long as I pick up the poop and that my dog isn’t peeing a HUGE puddle of pee that someone could step on I would be fine. However he did mention that the regulation states that pet owners should bring a bottle of water to rinse big puddles of pee away. I asked him what’s the point, and said what if my dog pee’s a lot. I would have to carry several jugs of water every time I took him out, this just wouldn’t be practical. He chuckled and said it’s just about the gesture. Just carry a small bottle and give a few squirts when someone is watching so that it’s “cha bu doll” to show that you did do it, just in case someone does decide to be an idiot and make a formal complaint. He told me no one has ever done this, but there actually is a $1200-$6000nt fine so better safe than sorry. Here’s the link to the official regulation: epb.tpc.gov.tw/_file/1150/SG/23405/D.html

That the subject of canine waste falls under the environmental protection agency kind of says it all. Public nuisance, perhaps, but environmental protection? Puleeze. How about the environmental protection agency do something about the scooter oil change places dribbling oil all over the sidewalks in front of their shops? How about the green-plated scooters pumping out the blue smoke? How about the pollutants being dumped in the rivers? Doggie pee and doggie poo are the least of their problems.

My dog pees in the grass in the park, which I imagine infuriates to no end the people who I see in the park picking weeds for what, a salad? Tough. It’s not a salad bar. She also generally poops in grassy places, which I then pick up with a bag and dispose of in my household trash. If that is not enough, too frikkin bad. Pouring water on pee is laughable, gesture or not. It dilutes it some, but spreads the “environmental hazard” over a further area, if anything. Better safe than sorry? I think I’ll take the chance of someone making a formal complaint and then some official trying to fine me for… oh… picking up my dog poo… :loco:

That the subject of canine waste falls under the environmental protection agency kind of says it all. Public nuisance, perhaps, but environmental protection? Puleeze. How about the environmental protection agency do something about the scooter oil change places dribbling oil all over the sidewalks in front of their shops? How about the green-plated scooters pumping out the blue smoke? How about the pollutants being dumped in the rivers? Doggie pee and doggie poo are the least of their problems.

My dog pees in the grass in the park, which I imagine infuriates to no end the people who I see in the park picking weeds for what, a salad? Tough. It’s not a salad bar. She also generally poops in grassy places, which I then pick up with a bag and dispose of in my household trash. If that is not enough, too frikkin bad. Pouring water on pee is laughable, gesture or not. It dilutes it some, but spreads the “environmental hazard” over a further area, if anything. Better safe than sorry? I think I’ll take the chance of someone making a formal complaint and then some official trying to fine me for… oh… picking up my dog poo… :loco:[/quote]
I never pick up poop if it is on a grassy place that no one walks on. That is because I use plastic bags to pick up the poop. The plastic bags cause more pollution than the poop as the poop is bio degradable. The poop benefits the grass the bags do not benefit anyone. I pick up shit when it is in a public place where people frequent not some part of the park where only stray dogs and weird freaks visit.

I once told a local my philosophy on poop and they looked very confused i think it was me trying to explain bio degradable in Chinese that got them as I forgot the exact word.

Same idea, I wonder why the Sanxia city council put op stands with plastic bags and a scoop (they got nicked mostly) along a mountain road, people better swoop the poo of the side, fertilizing the forest and illegal bamboo plantations … :loco:

walked in a huge lump of dog shit in front of my building last night. good times. I’d like to neuter the owner of that fucking dog.

yah this fellow dog walker said to me once while pointing at the stand full of doggie poop bags “do you want some too” and then took all of the few hundred bags and walked off with them. The guilt of stealing or not leaving them there for the whole community was not apparent. :unamused: I guess it wasn’t actually stealing but I am sure the intention of the authorities was not to give each individual hundreds of bags to take home with them. The funny thing is the guy has this huge retriever that shits mountains of shit and he never cleans it up anyway :loco:

yeah I agree in the countryside fertilize the forest with it but sweep it off roads and pathways is the best option and better than plastic waste.

Good to know you got the right target for your anger. I second that thought.

My dog pees in the grass in the park, which I imagine infuriates to no end the people who I see in the park picking weeds for what, a salad? Tough. It’s not a salad bar. She also generally poops in grassy places, which I then pick up with a bag and dispose of in my household trash. If that is not enough, too frikkin bad. Pouring water on pee is laughable, gesture or not. It dilutes it some, but spreads the “environmental hazard” over a further area, if anything. Better safe than sorry? I think I’ll take the chance of someone making a formal complaint and then some official trying to fine me for… oh… picking up my dog poo… :loco:[/quote]
I never pick up poop if it is on a grassy place that no one walks on. That is because I use plastic bags to pick up the poop. The plastic bags cause more pollution than the poop as the poop is bio degradable. The poop benefits the grass the bags do not benefit anyone. I pick up shit when it is in a public place where people frequent not some part of the park where only stray dogs and weird freaks visit.

I once told a local my philosophy on poop and they looked very confused I think it was me trying to explain bio degradable in Chinese that got them as I forgot the exact word.[/quote]

Ehem, that sounds very well, but I am concerned about the flies poop attracts and the possibility of cross-infection of parasites.

I once told a local my philosophy on poop and they looked very confused I think it was me trying to explain bio degradable in Chinese that got them as I forgot the exact word.[/quote]

Ehem, that sounds very well, but I am concerned about the flies poop attracts and the possibility of cross-infection of parasites.[/quote]
yah well it is on a remote mountain path and I haven’t many people there for a long while or any clouds of shit infesting flies. I have however seen clouds of flies hovering around poop filled city park garbage cans with many children nearby. :wink: If you are that scared of insects and parasites while walking on mountain paths then don’t hike in the areas I do as there are wasps and all sorts but not many flies though unlike garbage poop filled city parks.

Bu yeah I could put it in a plastic bag, carry it all the way down the mountain path, then find a bin in a park and put it in there or alternatively to attract more flies, carry it all the way home up an elevator and then empty it into a toilet and then put the shit stained bag in the bin take it down and then empty it into another bin all the while attracting thousands of flies in a highly populated urban environment :bow:

Yep, it’s a lose/lose situation, I’m afraid.