Doggie typhoon victims in Hualian

ETTV News: Three black dogs are lost on bridge pillar during typhoon:
flickr.com/photos/mrtang/2709178767/

ETTV News: 6 hours later, what happened to them:
flickr.com/photos/mrtang/2709793051/

I love the news in Taiwan :laughing:

the news said that the three dogs are safe and found on the riverbank after the waters subsided.

Isn’t it odd that they care so much about these 3 dogs but in other cases does very little to help stray dogs?

Silly to think that a couple of days from now dog catchers can come and grab them, throw them in a shelter and then electrocute them instead of euthanize them

sigh

I don’t know if I should be excited that someone cared or shake my head because I know what they really feel about these animals.

I think the sight of these three dogs trapped by that rushing water evoked some feeling amongst the everyday person for these dogs. I would imagine some dog lovers will try to get them and adopt them?

The dogs were smart and very brave to wait out the rushing waters. They were so close to being swept out to sea.

Or people trapped in basically the same situation.

[quote]Jul 24, 2000

Public outrage over the government’s failure to rescue four workers washed away in Pachang Creek (ć…«æŽŒæșȘ), Chiayi County, yesterday pushed Premier Tang Fei (攐飛) to make a public apology for the tragedy. . .

Four workers carrying out riverbed construction work in Pachang Creek were surrounded by the quickly rising torrent on Saturday afternoon. The four stood in the center of the river for three hours, waiting for a helicopter that never came, and were finally washed away at around 7:08pm in sight of family members and helpless would-be rescuers on the riverbank.[/quote]
taipeitimes.com/News/front/a 
 7/24/44920

INcredible tragedy this shifting of responsibility from air force to air police. Who the hell cares?? They should get the nearest helicopter out there to save people period. This is ridiculous. I hope that the 3 are found alive (slim chance I know) and that those who shouldve been out there and shirked responsibility be given jail time !!

preposterous indeed.

And furthermore the dogs couldve been easily saved from the bridge.

The people in the river had no chance except for helicopters.

Very slim chance indeed, given that they were washed away 8 years ago.

Perhaps even slimmer chance. They’ve likely been promoted by now.

hmm didnt notice the date. But that said, wish someone knew some reporters because this would be a good time to follow up on that particular case?

Glad to hear doggies made it. I wouldn’t have believed it -those waters looked really scary.

Furthermore, the footage from the dogs in peril in Taiwan made it to CNN’s weather forecast, when they were talking about the effects of the typhoon.

Actually, when I saw them in that awful situation, they reminded me of the Pachang Creek tragedy.

Taiwan street dogs are incredibly smart. You know the older ones have really done well to survive.

I love watching how they analyze an intersection and cross at exactly the right time. Sometimes I could swear they obey the lights.

Our Jack is a Tw street dog adoption. He’s now in NZ and has a huge fan club cos no one has seen anything like him before.

You have strange hobbies. I analyze intersections too before I run the red light. Does that make me less or more smart? :slight_smile:

You have strange hobbies. I analyze intersections too before I run the red light. Does that make me less or more smart? :slight_smile:[/quote]

Depends, are you trying to get to a bone in a hurry?

[quote]Taiwan street dogs are incredibly smart. You know the older ones have really done well to survive.

I love watching how they analyze an intersection and cross at exactly the right time. Sometimes I could swear they obey the lights. [/quote]
They are amazing.

Watched two dogs in Kaohsuing cross 8 lanes of hellish traffic while carrying their lunch box booty
was really something.

You have strange hobbies. I analyze intersections too before I run the red light. Does that make me less or more smart? :slight_smile:[/quote]

Depends, are you trying to get to a bone in a hurry?[/quote]
There’s a joke in there somewhere. Damn! If only the KMT hadn’t won the election.

There’s a joke in there somewhere. Damn! If only the KMT hadn’t won the election.[/quote]
I’m too dog tired.

Huh? Since when does one have to be in a hurry to run a red light in Taiwan?
Any person who stayed in Taiwan for a few days knows they are just for reference.
Not to mention it starts to feel silly when you are the only one waiting at a red light and 10 other scooters or so pass by
 and sometimes stray dogs.

When stray dogs cross the street and the light goes red for them
they look at you. When that happens to people
they walk even slower and avoid eye contact.

hmmmmmm