Dogs doin' frogs

In Northern Thailand there is a Wat called Wat Kek. For those of you unfamiliar with the place it is one of the most interesting Wats in Thailand a fusion of Hinduism and Buddhism. Its motif is the wheel of life, and at the beginning of the cycle at the lowest levels of consciousness, are statues of dogs smoking, drinking, doin’ drugs and getting it on.

When I first saw it I thought it a metaphor for human consciousness until I read this story about dogs in outback Australia:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,12291241-17001,00.html

Welllllll…

[quote]‘Dogs Playing Poker’ sell for $590K

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Two “Dogs Playing Poker” paintings cleaned house at Doyle New York’s annual Dogs in Art Auction, fetching a staggering $590,400, the auction house said.

Before the sale it was estimated that the two rare paintings from Cassius Marcellus Coolidge’s 1903 series of dogs playing poker would fetch $30,000 to $50,000, said Alan Fausel, senior vice president of paintings at Doyle, after Tuesday’s auction.

After intense bidding, “A Bold Bluff” and “Waterloo: Two” sold to a private collector from New York City. The buyer was not identified. [/quote]

money.cnn.com/2005/02/16/news/ne … oker_dogs/

In the American Southwest, it’s only the PEOPLE who lick toads. Hey, I wonder who was the first person to try that?

I heard that there’s some kind of fancy coffee which is made with cat feces. The cats eat nothing but coffee, and then excrete it back out, and then people pay money to drink the runoff. Mmmmm!

The excrement coffee idea originally came from Australia or one of the surrounding islands, I think. Kangaroos…no joke. I’ll post more info when/if I find it. There’s a shop here in Oregon that serves it.

It’s Kopi Luwak from Indonesia.

ravensbrew.com/NewFiles/kopiluwak.html

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]In the American Southwest, it’s only the PEOPLE who lick toads. Hey, I wonder who was the first person to try that?

I heard that there’s some kind of fancy coffee which is made with cat feces. The cats eat nothing but coffee, and then excrete it back out, and then people pay money to drink the runoff. Mmmmm![/quote]

The aborigines in Australia have been doing it for thousands of years. They lick the “Cane Toads” to get high. Saw it plenty of times in my year in Queensland.

Cane toads weren’t introduced to Australia until the late 1930s.

Cane toads weren’t introduced to Australia until the late 1930s.[/quote]

Then what did they lick before Cane Toads, smarty pants? :sunglasses:

I stared at the title of this thread for 10 seconds trying to work out what the hell it was going to be about. I concluded it was about ugly women having sex with ugly men. I haven’t been so wrong since the Hans in China thread :blush:

I thought it was going to be about ugly women having sex with the French