Doing VAT/accounting/payroll for a Taiwan business yourself

How complicated is it to do VAT/accounting/payroll yourself?

From what I understand you can apply for a business card and do most things online, so it’s just a matter of understanding the language

What software do you use for VAT, accounting, etc?

Kind of annoyed that my cpa requires everything to be mailed in every two months and doesn’t accept email receipts, which makes it difficult to run things remotely

Are there any steps that still require a CPA? For example I think the capital investment has to be certified by a CPA

1 Like

Look at Swingvy. Has both Chinese and English too.

I took a look, is it just for payroll?

Has anyone tried https://simpany.co/?

These are the functions. My employer uses it, so I don’t know how it works on your side. As an employee it’s fairly intuitive and easy to use though.

Its not hard to do for small office, but depends how much you value your time. Account can normally do it faster than our own staff (who does not like do it and also needs spend time on research , so is slower). Your local Tax office may not accept email receipts, just have a staff submit it if you do not want send it?

2 Likes

We have used simpany for a few years now and are quite happy with their service. I would recommend them. Most importantlyt hey are simply clear and straight forward. which is what I want.

But it is easy to do yourself. it just depends more on what you are doing. we do retail and wholesale sales so the receipt load is not something I am interested in doing. mail everything to them and pay them. it’s cheaper for them to do ours than if we spent the time.

1 Like

Well my accountant screwed up a few things with my previous company registration and I want to start over again with a second company. So I’ll probably self incorporate this time and then hand things over to someone like simpany to run things