[DONE] Bring back the "IGNORE" button

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“hsiadogah”]bump for the button…[/quote]My, you would do anything for an ‘ignore’ button wouldn’t you ? :slight_smile:[/quote]I’m not used to giving out sexual favors to get what I want, but there are enough of us want the button back and we could have a whip-round to organize something for you. Is that what you were hinting at? :wink:

Er, I want it too but … :help:

Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee have an ignore button for forums? Or turn D&R into the secret men’s forum???

Please :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

[quote=“iris”]Can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee have an ignore button for forums? Or turn D&R into the secret men’s forum???

Please :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:[/quote]

I tried to stem the tide. The tide washed me out… :s

[quote=“Rascal”]One ignore button for you all:

:wink:[/quote]
One button to rule them all.

Can we add a list of the “most ignored”.
Would be nice if by default new users would be set up
with ignore for these douche-bags.

There are some very rude and immature posters here.
Makes new people not want to post or participate.
Hard to think of Forumosa as a community.

Of course they can smurf, but this form of
collaborative shunning will dilute them.

Why do you need an ignore button? I just scroll by the ones I don’t want to read besides someone you ‘ignore’ might for once be providing useful information. You want to throw out the baby with the bath water? :wink:

I think I know by now who’s posts warrant a scan and who’s can safely be ignored. Perhaps those who object to the use of this feature (that are not interested in using themselves) are in fear of showing up on the ‘most ignored’ list?

I could care less. :raspberry:

[quote=“Vannyel”]
I could care less. :raspberry:[/quote]I rest my case. Thank you Vannyel for demonstrating the common form of ‘bathwater without baby’. :bravo:

Meanwhile, over in the flounder forum…

[quote=“hsiadogah”][quote=“Vannyel”]
I could care less. :raspberry:[/quote]I rest my case. Thank you Vannyel for demonstrating the common form of ‘bathwater without baby’. :bravo:

Meanwhile, over in the flounder forum…[/quote]
Now I am confused could you please explain this…how is this ‘bathwater without baby’ and btw…what is ‘bathwater without baby’ supposed to mean??? :help:

If you don’t understand a metaphor, don’t sling it around…

Your point was that even the most stupid of posters may occasionally come up with a nugget worth reading, no? I’m telling you that since your posts are always devoid of useful content, we can safely toss them unread because there’s no possibility that any useful content might be lost. IOW there is only bathwater in your posts to throw out, no danger to baby, since there never is any baby.

I don’t think I can make it any clearer than this without requiring one of the over-worked mods to flounder the thread. Of course if they’d just give us the darn button back, none of this would have happened. kthxbye.

You see the ignore button would have caused the whole dissemination of this metaphor not to occur…that’s a bad thing…right. :wink:

For the love of God can someone give us our ignore button back?

…yes…that would be a nice…

Will raise bringing back the Ignore mod ahead of schedule. I plan to start hacking the site anew beginning in mid-Jan.

But I need you to be patient for a bit longer. I lean on others for tech help when I can’t tend the site. These days, I’m so booked up with my real job that I cannot put time into modifying the forum. With the year-end vacations in full swing, help has taken a holiday :frowning:

They will be back on the 9th. Expect more changes then. In the meantime, please keep us posted on improvements you want to see on Forumosa.com

In the meantime, think the ‘delete’ button is just fine, if not better.

P.S. Maybe it is more prudent to let those who are scanning the stuff judge whether messages should appear or not. That’s part of the MODs’ rights.

P.P.S. Whatever is written here is written IMHO - That’s all.

[quote=“Bugsy”]In the meantime, think the ‘delete’ button is just fine, if not better.[/quote]Wha? You can delete other people’s posts? Who died and made you a moderator??