Donovans Coffee a new Irish coffee shop on the Danshui River (CLOSED)

[quote=“tommy525”]Congrats and I hope you become an Irish Coffee sensation like BUENA VISTA CAFE at Pier 39 in SAn francisco. They charge 8 bucks for an Irish Coffee and are standing room only most times!! Making tons of dough. They put a healthy shot of irish whiskey and one sugar cube in a 200cc glass and fill with hot steaming cofffeee (you can watch em make it if you sit at the counter) at the Buena Vista. Top off with fresh cream. Works like a charm.

Wishing you much success !!![/quote]

Thank you! I hope you find ours as good and at under $3!

Tim@Donovans Coffee

Do you have Wi-Fi there?

Not yet. Next week…
Tim

Okay, we now have Wi-Fi. Just ask us for the pass when you arrive.

Tim

I was in there on Saturday and as noted above, they do have free Wi-Fi.
Going all the way up there was a bit of a trek, but well worth it.
As other people have testified, Tim is really nice guy, and he makes a mean Irish Coffee as well.
It was the first time I’ve ever had one, actually.
At first, I couldn’t taste the whiskey in it, but by the time I’d sipped my way through half of it, I had a nice buzz going.
By the time I had finished it, I thought I was Irish.
With a great view and outdoor seating, Donovan’s is well worth supporting and visiting. :bravo:

EDIT: Forgot to mention I went to Eddy Burrito for food first.
Both are worth hitting if you go up yonder.

[quote=“Josefus”]I was in there on Saturday and as noted above, they do have free Wi-Fi.
As other people have testified, Tim is really nice guy, and he makes a mean Irish Coffee as well.
At first, I couldn’t taste the whiskey in it, but by the time I’d sipped my way through half of it, I had a nice buzz going.
With a great view and outdoor seating, Donovan’s is well worth supporting and visiting. :bravo:

Both are worth hitting if you go up yonder.[/quote]

Thanks for coming and for the recommendation. We’re delighted you enjoyed your visit!
We’re thinking of bestowing honorary Irish citizenship on customers who consume 10 Irish coffees or more!

Tim

[quote=“worldnet”][quote=“Josefus”]I was in there on Saturday and as noted above, they do have free Wi-Fi.

Both are worth hitting if you go up yonder.[/quote]

Thanks for coming and for the recommendation. We’re delighted you enjoyed your visit!
We’re thinking of bestowing honorary Irish citizenship on customers who consume 10 Irish coffees or more!

Tim[/quote]

at once??? Irish citizenship for 30 bucks??? GReat deal :slight_smile:

I am all for it. JUst dont drive afterwards. Take the MRT.

burp

Just a quick note, http://www.donovans.com.tw is up and running if you have a minute please check it out. There are pics of the place inside and of the balcony. The pics look great it shows nightime and daytime. My favorite is the small private balcony. Thanx[/url]

Too much yellow.

Kidding. Looks nice a nice hangout. I’ll have to head out there one weekday.

Hey Tim,

I checked out your website,…but the map was rather vague…I have the address and will be able to find it, but to make it easier for lazy simpletons like me, where exactly are you located along the river front? eg next to which restaurant? before or after the ferry “port”? how far from the MRT or McDs etc …

cheers, T

Popped in to Tim’s for an Irish Coffee or 4 yesterday. Could have stayed there all evening :sunglasses:
Tim was a gracious host and the Irish coffees hit the spot :slight_smile:

Went to Donovans yesterday and was pleasently surprised with the new additions to the menu. The best thing was definately the Guinness irish stew! It was fantastic especially because its hard to get a really nice stew in Taiwan. Anyways I fully recmmoend it, Ive been back a few times since to eat it and its been perfect every time.

Thanks for the reminder about Donovan’s! I haven’t been down to the riverfront in quite some time, I’ll have to make it a point to drag some friends there before school starts.

Hi Tim

Can you post better directions at how to get to your cafe! I was looking in Tamshui a while back but couldn’t find it.

It’s really hard to find, because there isn’t good signage. As soon as you come around the corner to start walking along the waterfront, look right and keep a sharp eye out for a very narrow doorway and stairs going up. There’s a sign, it just isn’t easy to see if you’re not looking closely. If you’re actually standing right near the water and look back at the shops, you’ll see the big Donovan’s sign up high.

I took my summer English camp students (Tamkang U) there last Tuesday and kinda took over the place for a few hours. Tim was exceedingly gracious, as were his customers who agreed to move so we could push tables together. The kids really liked the place, and I hope they’ll spread the word. I still need to go back for some stew, but I think I’ll wait for cooler weather!

That should be ‘look right’ , coming from the MRT heading onto the waterfront for the first time?

Yeah, I wanted to go on Sunday but couldn’t find it. Just as well Eddy’s is so easy to find. What a lovely place that is. Grand food, grand beer (Anchor Steam, Liberty Ale, Porter) grand hosts.
Thoroughly recommended. Get some green stuff though, Eddy! A couple salads or something would really add colour to the menu, although the wife was very happy with the plateful of fajitas veggies you were kind enough to whip up.

Ha, yeah, sorry, I’m kinda dyslexic sometimes :blush:

Oh, was that perhaps you I saw there Sunday evening? Sitting with another chap next to the bar and downing the beers like mad? There were quite a few foreigners when I was there, some outside, some inside, the place was packed! I so wanted that Anchor Steam, but I can’t afford to pay that much for beer. I had to settle for a couple bottles of Corona.

Uh, sorry to hijack Donovan’s thread with a plug for Eddy’s.