Don't believe the KMT about the economy

An occassional drag is fine, but stoners are really fucking annoying. Especially those weed maniacs in one of those moronic weed t-shirts. Fuck them.

“Weed” is a broad term now that legalization is happening. It has more meaningful research. The compounds found in the plant cannot be denied. Either for medicinal, nutritional or industrial use. To say otherwise is quite ignorant. Stoners, like drunks, are annoying. Sure. So are the douche bags smoking tobacco and spittinf betel nut outside hospitals and schools. What in the hell does this have to do with the conversation? The species should be legal. Obviously. Stoners are dumb. Obviously. Korea fish is a moron. Obviously. No one denies these unless they have some kind of mental illness. So…?

Taiwan tourism is pretty much like gain says. Sad but true. Voting should not be tied to where a person was raised. Obvious and true. People here, government and society alike, are generally too retarded by outside factors to concentrate for 10 minutes to fix very fixable problems. Again, sad but true.

But buying into the current lot of bullshit being spattered…is just simply insane.

Icon. Where are you talking about in your post of free transport? Who are “we”? Doesnt sound like taiwan.

1 Like

Actually they’d extract the essence if betelnut and then turn that into a medicinal or recreational product minus the oral cancer . There’s similar work bring done on Krarom now (mitragynine).

But there’s no creativity or imagination here.

The main reason it persists is due to power and budgets depending on the local registered population.

The more locally registered popn the more tax revenue can be allocated to your county or city government.

There is also a threshold where cities can reach and get MORE than their fair share of the national tax revenue. That’s why they play the game of all of Taichung being a city.

Once you understand that…Then you know why the local politicians outside of the big cities won’t change this household registration system. While districts values depend on local schools household registration requirements . Plus it links together incomes and allows them to track people in a very efficient manner.:sunglasses:

But totally agree…Voters should be easily able to alter their household registration address every year and it should NOT NOT NOT be tied to property ownership…If they cannot alter they should be able to postal vote in country. Why not.

this is the situation in many countries. my friends feel that in my home country too.

1 Like

Yes. But it’s been a problem in Taiwan all through the boom times of the 2000s. So almost twenty years in a country with strong export businesses, that’s the weird thing.

Back in 2003…Just slightly higher today

It probably should allow for a bit more flexibility but voting by post is not an option in this environment. It’s letting the doors wide open for Chinese manipulation. Besides, vote counting is a lot more efficient this way. It probably seems outrageous for bigger countries where public transport is trash but for Taiwan it’s fine. It’s a couple of hours of travelling at most.

And even with this hostile system for young people (which is laughable btw; if you actually believe that young people can’t afford to go home to vote when everyone uses an iPhone you seriously need a reality check) the voter turnout is still higher than or the same as those with postal voting or absentee vote like the US or UK, especially amongst the younger voters. What does that entail?

3 Likes

Like all the people on welfare with iPhones in the US.

Disgusting.

At least here data plans are cheap.

Yeah right because you can buy an iPhone with data plans, lol. :roll_eyes:

What are you trying to say?

Considering Japanese don’t go abroad much anymore, it is.

Or Taiwan could fix its hukou system.

3 Likes

That’s crazy.

1 Like

Thats what we are talking about about by saying household registration.

Brian. Yes well get why the gov likes it. Doesnt hange the fact it should be trashed and forgotten. A form of registering is certainly useful and used everywhere…but this system is shit. No one without a financial stake wants it and complain constantpy about it. Causes numerous problems. Such as voting.

Gain. I agree its frustrating to see a person not take the day off and apend 1500 on bus tickets to go vote while they have an iphone. Its annoying seeing that in many situations. My point is a person should not have to so in order to vote. They should.be voting where they live, mot where their parents live. It is retarded. And its all all due to money.

1 Like

Agreed. Foreigners are also heavily discriminated against with this system.

For instance they tax me and I am the only official income earner in my household but that won’t list me as the head of the household or even officially in the household registration document. But the immigration office and the tax office know exactly what is my address and status.

1 Like

I will not stop questioning and looking for information. Especially when told to do so.

My, my, Taiwan bosses cannot engage in illegal stuff yet we have thousands of workers on forced unpaid vacation. And part timers subcontracted for less than legal fare. Check the news.

1 Like

Why would that be, the best pork products come from Europe. The US has what, bacon and pork chops?

People vote where they are registered and if they vote where the parents live means they are registered there. That’s why some people move the registration to some place months before the election, and return it after that.

Yes that is kind of a main point we are talking about above. Unless you own land, know someone or your landlord agrees you cannot move your registration. Thus you cant vote there. That is one of the bigger issues. If you cannot afford millions for a house, pr your landlord says no…how do you propose moving the household registration?

1 Like