Don't Drink Bullwild (Manniu )

Don’t Drink Bullwild (Manniu)

Just watched a TV report here in Taichung about someone poisoning bottles of “Red Bull” and putting it back on the shelf.
Apparently the bottles were sealed so there was no way to know which ones have been tampered with.
Two people are in coma and the health department is recalling all bottles.

I heard that the poisoned bottles were actually labelled with a warning. A rare example of black humour in Confusioned societies. But I may be misinformed.

You can buy Red Bull here?

“V” is much better anyway. Comes from NZ and it’s available at Jason’s cheaper than NZ, so there you go…

Is it western Red Bull or that Caffeine loaded “Man Niu” stuff truckers and binlang chewers like?

It’s not Red Bull, it’s Man Niu.

[quote=“Toasty”]Is it western Red Bull or that Caffeine loaded “Man Niu” stuff truckers and binlang chewers like?[/quote]According to the TV news it’s ‘Manniu’. Of course they probably do as much fact checking as our Boomer here… :unamused:

Wowow, if that is true, then it is very scary. I drink red bull all the time, espeically in the afternoon to stay wake. Apparently coffee doesn’t work for me anymore. :astonished:

Damn, now I’m thirsty for a Red Bull. Wonder when it’ll be safe to drink them again?

Switch brands: go for “whizbee.” Damn. Man Niu had me sold on their product. Loved those ads where the guy screams “Man Niu!” and runs through a wall. [quote]Caffeine[/quote]. A little slip that shows what’s important and dear to me…

Damn, for a moment I was thinking I’d be able to go grab some actual Red Bull.

Man Niu…Whizbee…Red Bull…I’m so confused. Which one is safe to drink?

Probably none, from a health perspective…

I thought this thread was too good to be true! Real Red Bull gives you wings, dont you know. And its a damned good mixer with Vodka - hic… :smiley:

gives you wings…yeah right…gives you a fuck awful hangover in the morning when mixed with vodka…all that sugar n’ stuff…

Here’s the story in today’s Taipei Times. For the record, it’s Bullwild Manniu (蠻牛), not Red Bull that is being recalled.

I’m editing the title to reflect the facts.

Hi, did you guys see that someone poisoned some Bullwild energy drinks?
They even put a note on the bottles warning people not to drink it because it is poisoned.

I wonder why? I get the poisoning part…but why the warning?

I saw one brand down south. I think it’s the same kind of stuff. It comes in one of those little brown bottles. The name on this one was in English and called, “Comebest”. I hope that one is safe.

[quote=“Battery9”]Hi, did you guys see that someone poisoned some Bullwild energy drinks?
They even put a note on the bottles warning people not to drink it because it is poisoned.

I wonder why? I get the poisoning part…but why the warning?[/quote]

You get the poisoning part?

No, we didn’t see it. Thanks for informing us.