Dont even think of Mary Jane in Indo

thejakartaglobe.com/news/bri … ugs/572588

harsher then Taiwan laws bout maryjane.

National Geographic Channel has been showing true life accounts “Locked Up Abroad: Busted in {country}”. There is one on Bali and Indonesia. The one in Bali is extremely scary because the guy that got busted (had nothing to do with the drugs being smuggled but happened to be in the house) was the scapegoat for his buddy.

The death penalty would be better than being stuck in some of those jails in Asia and South America.

[quote=“tango42”]National Geographic Channel has been showing true life accounts “Locked Up Abroad: Busted in {country}”. There is one on Bali and Indonesia. The one in Bali is extremely scary because the guy that got busted (had nothing to do with the drugs being smuggled but happened to be in the house) was the scapegoat for his buddy.
[/quote]

That’s something I think about when I am invited to house party by people that I suspect might have a stash somewhere in the house. Considering how often the police shows up at parties in Taipei, I’ve often wondered what would happen to me and the other guests should the tenant get busted.

“Based on a tip-off from locals, we arrested him on Saturday evening when he was smoking a marijuana joint at his house,” he said, adding that under the anti-narcotics law, Neville could face between four to 12 years’ jail.

Clearcutting 10,000 hectares of forest or chucking your toxic mine tailings into people’s drinking water, OTOH, gets you a pat on the back for your contributions to “economic development”.

Pointless bloody country.

First of all, I don’t think you should be suggesting even the possibility of this sort of thing even in other countries online here.

If you were unlucky, the host and the guests would all be taken down to the cop shop, threatened with severe sentences if they don’t reveal sources, and then piss-tested. If you test positive, it will be 40-60 days in ‘rehab’ which is basically jail.

[quote=“Novaspes”][quote=“tango42”]National Geographic Channel has been showing true life accounts “Locked Up Abroad: Busted in {country}”. There is one on Bali and Indonesia. The one in Bali is extremely scary because the guy that got busted (had nothing to do with the drugs being smuggled but happened to be in the house) was the scapegoat for his buddy.
[/quote]

That’s something I think about when I am invited to house party by people that I suspect might have a stash somewhere in the house. Considering how often the police shows up at parties in Taipei, I’ve often wondered what would happen to me and the other guests should the tenant get busted.[/quote]

This case was big news for a while back home.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schapelle_Corby

[quote=“Matchstick_man”]This case was big news for a while back home.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schapelle_Corby[/quote]

I’m still leaning towards thinking that she did it.

She probably did, but putting people in jail for 20 years, for anything less than rape or murder, is pretty stupid. Putting people in jail for drug offenses just means you have to build a lot of jails (ask the Americans) … especially in shitty countries like Indonesia where drugs represent one of the few means of escape from a shitty existence. In fact jail is a pretty stupid idea all round. You’d think after however many thousand years of human civilisation we would have found a better/cheaper/more civilised/more effective way to deal with people society can’t cope with.