Don't open topics in Temp

The Temporary Forum is not for new topics. Please refrain from posting here. Temp is for rule breaking posts, folly, posts that don’t fit the nature of the site as determined by a mod and @mad_masala’s barrel of laughs.

If not sure, use the Open Forum. But first check out all of the forums in good faith when deciding to create a topic.

1 Like

Why?

6 Likes

Is this new policy? maoman always encouraged people to start stuff in Temp if it was going to be temped anyway. Saves the mods hassle.
“I want to go fishing tomorrow. Anyone know what the weather’s going to be like?”
Where would I put that? Sports? LiT?
Is it really that important that people don’t post their garbage in Temp?

3 Likes

No. TL2 can’t even start topics there.

Also. It’s a rule that you should try to find the right forum.

And we have the Open Forum.

Taiwan Weather Thread 202X

It is not necessarily garbage and I have to keep pulling it out, thus negating the saved hassle.

If one is intentionally posting garbage, that is a different issue.

I don’t get it, but OK.

Shouldn’t this thread be in temp because everyone will have forgotten the new rule in fifteen minutes or days or so?

3 Likes

I prefer not having to pull topics out to organise them.

Or maybe: what starts in temp can stay in temp?

Guy

3 Likes

I only left it open for Regulars in case someone wants to make an occasional rant etc. there. It’s not intended for more ordinary posts. As said by @marco I hope people can make those in the most appropriate forum so we can keep that option available.

So, instead of “Don’t open topics in Temp” it should be more like “Please avoid opening topics in Temp”?

You can’t step into the same river twice.

Sorry