Doorstepped by the Immigration Agency

Sounds to me like the ex-employer that you sued reported you to the NIA for fraudulent marriage, so they came to do a check on you. It’s not all that uncommon actually, they visited the address on my wife’s hukou before (probably because it was not the same as the address listed on my ARC) and were likely trying to catch us out. They probably thought me and my wife didn’t actually live together, which we do. We weren’t doing anything wrong though since the address I live at is correct on my ARC, and it isn’t illegal for my wife to not update her address as a Taiwanese, AFAIK.

1 Like

How many Taiwanese have their hukou and residence address differing? A lot.

3 Likes

I did not f over my employer. I asserted my labor rights through the courts and won and I reported illegal activity at the school which was confirmed by officials.

11 Likes

That’s how you see it, you’re former employer doesn’t, they lost face, bad.

5 Likes

It was linked to an assault case, not my ex-employer. He had the police report of it, which my ex-employer would have no knowledge of/access to.

2 Likes

Yep. And they can photoshop a bong and a plant or two into the pictures they got their buddy to take of your house for 20-30k or free schooling for his kids. Stand tall.

7 Likes

Get your phone out, turn on video, film everything or have it rolling so you can hear sound at least. Even if that was illegal, I would rather have the footage than not.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s making a joke by referring to a supposed “rule” that vampires and whatnot can’t enter your house unless you invite them in. Thus,

Stop besmirching HG.

Life in Taiwan is challenging enough without piling on unsubstantiated attacks on forumosa.

Guy

6 Likes

What world do you actually live in?

4 Likes

This one, obviously. Aren’t you in Taiwan? Take a trip to a bank and tell us again life here isn’t challenging for foreigners.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone’s besmirching him. HG did nothing wrong by getting what was his in that case with the old employer. But based on his story with that situation, she’s bitter and vindictive and it seems likely to most of us that this case with immigration today is connected to her.

2 Likes

If you’re nice, not aggressive, don’t stare at them (or at breasts), etc., you’d be surprised how many bank staff speak English. Actually, its been years since ive had to speak my mangled-up Chinese at a bank. Only to get a reply in flawless English.

Try standing facing perpendicular to the teller. Don’t stare at them when they’re on the pc or doing paperwork.

Language issues are not why foreigners in Taiwan have issues banking, and I don’t know where the breast staring thing you mentioned has suddenly come from…

6 Likes

Ahhh, that’s where I’ve been going wrong this whole time

4 Likes

For you, yes

Yes, I do think describing my action in this wildly inaccurate way is unnecessary. But whatever, after two years of being repeatedly described as a malicious criminal by my ex-boss I’m not going to get too bent out of shape by your comment.

Actually, if you want a real belly laugh, she told the court that I “posed” as an international student to attend NTU. I responded by pointing out that for this to be true I would have to be ethnically Chinese, and would she like me to take a DNA test.

3 Likes

I’m curious to know what you think the problems we have with banks are.

The guy, not “Guy”, F’ed over his past employer. His past employer f’ed him over and he got his revenge. How else would the actions being taken by Hubert toward his ex-boss be characterized? My point was more along the lines of “you stir the pot expect the grit”. afterspivak came to the defense of OP unnecessarily, in my opinion.

Why? OP didn’t do anything wrong. He sued because he deserved his pension contributions and annual leave, if I remember correctly. Should we all just not sue if our employers fuck us over like this?

7 Likes