Double Standards: Muslim-Arab vs West-Jewish World (2)

[quote=“blueface666”][quote=“butcher boy”]Blueface

Like the Israeli government, you are equating anyone who thinks Israeli government actions are wrong as being anti Jewish. Not only is this lazy, it is obviously untrue.[/quote]

Uhmmmmm. Not Jewish, are you? And haven’t lived in any Muslim countries either? :laughing: Maybe you should take this idea up with some Muslims and see what they have to tell you.[/quote]

not sure i understand ur post unless you misread the word ‘anyone’ with the word ‘everyone’. If you didn’t then your post makes no sense.

blueface

appologies, even then it makes no sense unless i’m having a really bad day.

So what’s your point MT:

The US opposes the destruction. Israel is not a US colony. It can do what it wants. So if the US opposes it but Israel still does it then this means that we do not control Israeli policies, so why would the Arab and Muslim world continue to blame us for Israeli actions?

Second, interesting phenomenon this forum. So called democracy advocates are criticizing only democracies while Arab and Muslim societies who lack even one are given a pass. Shouldn’t the worst offenders generate the greatest amount of criticism? No? Why not?

Given that Arab terrorism of the West began a long time ago when France and Czechoslavakia were Israel’s greatest suppliers of arms (pre-1967) then one really has to doubt that this is the main obstacle to resolution of the various conflicts. Delink Israel and Palestine from US foreign policy with Arab nations.

:unamused: Take a Midol.

[quote=“butcher boy”][quote=“blueface666”][quote=“butcher boy”]Blueface

Like the Israeli government, you are equating anyone who thinks Israeli government actions are wrong as being anti Jewish. Not only is this lazy, it is obviously untrue.[/quote]

Uhmmmmm. Not Jewish, are you? And haven’t lived in any Muslim countries either? :laughing: Maybe you should take this idea up with some Muslims and see what they have to tell you.[/quote]

not sure I understand your post unless you misread the word ‘anyone’ with the word ‘everyone’. If you didn’t then your post makes no sense.[/quote]

No matter how you read his posts they don’t make sense. You were right on target when you said that he wrongly, “equat[es] anyone who thinks Israeli government actions are wrong as being anti Jewish.” I’ve got nothing against jews. I, like large numbers of jews, am simply opposed to the barbaric and counterproductive tactics of the Israeli government.

Don’t know if this actually fits in here, but nonetheless I found it an interesting read. I took it from a post on another message board, when I find the original link I’ll post that here. But for now, here is the text. Enjoy! Or don’t!

-SZA

[quote]It appears that the United States has slumped back into a collective amnesia. We have forgotten the over 3,000 souls who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It appears that we have forgotten the war, or even the reason why we are fighting. We have become obsessed with pleasure, sport and recreation. We have become the masters of our own distraction, a deadly distraction. We have a government that is more concerned about its outward appearance to the world than in the cold hard decisions of winning a war and preserving the peace and the American way of life. Yes I did say the American way of life. Our culture and nation is vastly superior to many other nations in the world. We have brought freedom and liberty to countless millions. We have preserved the human dignity of man and championed the cause of freedom everywhere. Do not be distracted by the liberals and their macarthyistic practices by the treasonous Ted Kennedy and his ilk and their facade of concern regarding the “helpless” Iraqi prisoners. The Islamic mindset is not afraid of death. They only fear humiliation and our soldiers and intelligence officials involved with the prisoners understand this. The only thing these bastards understand is strength and humiliation. The days of the hippie cum-bye-ya love-in are over, or at least they better be if we want to win this war. The British understood this concept when dealing with the Islamo Fascists in times past. They would bury the Islamic dead in pig skins as an ultimate sign of humiliation to their enemy. (The pig is an unclean animal in Islam. Taken even further than the Jews) This action had a great effect on the Islamo psyche in humiliating them into submission. We have to be tough, there is no other way. Giving them a hug will only give us a knife in the gut.

History teaches us that fanatics whether it comes in the guise of Nazism, Communism, Islamo Fascism or Liberalism understands nothing and will accept nothing short of superior strength. If we are not united, if we do not stand up against these untermenschen then we are lost. There is no way around that. We are dealing with a people who will die for their cause at any price. I have often said that history is the most vital subject of all. The premise for this argument is simply put by the great Spanish philosopher Santayana, THOSE WHO DON’T LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT THEM. The crusades were not fought as a way to spread Christianity by the sword, but to defend Christendom from the invading Muslim armies. Read your history, it’s all there. Our forefathers understood that Islam was a real power to be reckoned with. They understood that it was kill or be killed when it came to combating them. The great city of Constantinople fell at the hands of the so called “religion of peace.” They reached deep into western Europe including southern Spain, remember the Moors? Do you think that several hundred years has quelled the desire to convert the world to their point of view? Freedom of choice, and freedom of religion are not found in Islam. period! It’s Allah’s way or the highway! Sounds Luciferian to me. September 11th and the countless events leading up to it were a grave indication of their intent toward us; the freedom loving peoples of the world.

I am personally enraged at the apathy of our nation towards this most vital of issues. We seem to be more concerned about the “pebble in our shoe” than the knife at our throat. We need to see the planes hitting the towers over and over again. We need to see the Nick Berg video and know who we are truly dealing with. The all knowing all compassionate press do not feel that these things are fit for public display. Who the hell do they think they are?? But this same press will show you the so called abuse photos of the Iraqi prisoners ad-nauseaum twenty-four seven giving our enemies all of the press time and propaganda they could hope for! We see in the WTC photos our fellow citizens plummeting to their deaths in order to avoid being burnt alive! Can you imagine the horror and the suffering of being at that place that day?? We must never forget. We must use that day as the impetuous to move our nation to victory. We must never forget!

The killing of Nick Berg last week should be another wake up call to us all. What was the crime of our fellow citizen butchered by these bastards? He was an American, and a Jew. Hitler is back, and he is wearing a head scarf. We must all understand this. The swastika has been replaced by the crescent moon and a head scarf. This could be you,your father, brother or maybe your son or daughter. Think of how devastated the Berg family is right now. Think of what they are doing to us!!! These photos are not for the weak, but they must be seen so that you can bear witness of why we must fight. There is no other choice.

What can we do? We can demand that our leaders do something. We must demand that our soldiers be allowed to conduct this war as a war, not as a police action. Our soldiers are not allowed to do what ever it takes to win. In some ways, Vietnam is back and reborn in this war in that politics are more important than victory. Win a hill today, and give it back tomorrow. Write your congressman, senator and the President. Let them know that action must be taken now! I don’t know how much effect this will have as most of our politicians are only interested in their own agenda and self promotion. But the politician’s mind is always testing the political wind so to speak. And finally, we can pray. We can pray to our Father in Heaven to watch over us, and our nation. To watch over our soldiers and our leaders. To bless them with wisdom (heaven knows they need it!!) We can humble ourselves before him and do our best to serve him. Just as in times past, we can not do it without his help. We are not the culprits in this, we are the victims!! Don’t side with the enemy. There is nothing we have done that can justify these actions against us![/quote]

Read this :upyours:

Blueface might i suggest, in a slightly more mature fashion, read this:

ANTI-SEMITISM VS. CRITIQUES OF ISRAEL

Jews Against the Occupation stands firmly against anti-Semitism and racism in all its forms. We see our historical struggle against anti- Semitism–a cornerstone of European white supremacist ideology–as inherently linked to all struggles against oppression. We therefore stand in solidarity with the Palestinian people in their struggle for freedom.

Judaism is a cultural and religious identity, which must not be equated with Zionism, a political movement. Criticism of the state of Israel, its policies, or the idea of a Jewish state does not by itself constitute anti-Semitism. Dismissing critics of Israel or of Zionism as “anti-Semitic” is a means of stifling debate and masking the impact of the occupation.

got to jatonyc.org/ to see for yourself.

[quote=“butcher boy”]Blueface might I suggest, in a slightly more mature fashion, read this:

ANTI-SEMITISM VS. CRITIQUES OF ISRAEL [/quote]

Try and explain that to your average Muslim and see how far you get. Indonesia is often lauded as having the most liberal form of Islam in the world. Guess what? Judaism isn’t even recognized as a religion here. There are only 5 religions legally recognized and you MUST be a member of one. Islam, “Christian”, Catholic, Hindu and Buddhist. Info is on your ID card and you cannot intermarry (the spouses must be of the same religion). Mention you are Jewish to a Muslim here and see what happens.

Blueface…an intellectual giant who knows how to use a gun. :unamused:

Blueface:

A sensible man with a lot of commonsense that does not tiptoe around Liberal shibboleths and weepy sensibilities about how things should be.

Blueface…an intellectual giant who knows how to use a gun. :unamused:[/quote]

Something you should remember…and I’m sure your wife will!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

…and a rapier sharp wit. :raspberry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

…and a rapier sharp wit. :raspberry:[/quote]

It’ll take more than your sweet words to get in my pants. :upyours:

You have absolutely no notion of what constitutes humour, do you? Your just a typical macho prick from the USA who’s world is the one he can blow up. No wonder the USA is so despised. :upyours:

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. What a wimp. Go home to mommy and cry on her tits before I slap you some more. :laughing:

Anyone here who ignores or rationalizes away the violence of Arabs, Israelis or Americans against innocent civilians is guilty of a double-standard, pure and simple.

“When we are reduced to insisting that our depravity isn’t as bad as the other guy’s, we have fallen deep into a pit of moral equivalence that reveals what we have lost.”
Nancy Gibbs, Time

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040517-634697,00.html

Nancy has a point, but no one has done what she is warning against here. We have said that we deplore the torture and we will prosecute the perpetrators and see that the victims see justice served just as we do in our own countries. However, anyone that fails to realize that despite its imperfections, our system is far better than the Middle Eastern and Arab alternatives merely has to see how justice is not service, torture is the rule and detention is the least of your worries. We are better. So wail about the mistakes of a few all you want but the Arabs and their culture of violence are what should be analyzed and criticized here.

So when imperfections arise, deal with them but our two systems are in no way morally relative in the slightest. Shame on anyone who thinks so. May they in Alien’s eternal words, be born an Arab or Muslim woman and then be forced to live under said system all the while wouldbe intellectuals in the West defend said system for cultural reasons. hah!

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. What a wimp. Go home to mommy and cry on her tits before I slap you some more. :laughing:[/quote]

How old are you? Grown a pube yet?

Fred,

We can try to de-link all we want but it won’t end up being anything more than wishful thinking. You should have learned by now from events in Iraq that neo-colonialists can’t really control the agenda and it’s suicidal to try. Here’s what President Bush’s man in Iraq has to say about the issue:

"“Brahimi” has become the president’s clear, consistent answer to all June 30-related questions. Who’s going to run Iraq on July 1? Ask Brahimi. What’s going to happen? Ask Brahimi. Do we have any clue how this is going to play out? Ask Brahimi! No one ever accused this president of being unable to delegate.

“I think there is unanimity in the Arab world, and indeed in much of the rest of the world, that the Israeli policy is wrong, that the Israeli policy is brutal, repressive, and that they are not interested in peace no matter what you seem to believe in America.”

http://slate.msn.com/id/2100461/