Dowloading

Well the OP is back. Did not mean for this to end up in some kind of fight among you. Yes we are serious about wanting to download. Would be willing to have someone show us how. But not a pseudo-computer expert. Have had too many friends who think they know what they are doing and we end up disappointed. Anyways from the different posts I take it that I have to upgrade the speed and I should be able to download and watch You tube shows. Am I right?

Apologies about my out burst, but I’m sick of him showing off how great connections he has in every single post that talks about anything remotely internet related and then blabbing on about how CHT is the only provider that’s any good here. It’s the same thing over and over and over again.

In this case I just think he’s making silly suggests and anything above 10Mbit isn’t widely available, so why bother mentioning it?

Well, for starters, pretty much all of the cable TV providers either offer their own services, or partner with someone and generally offer a better deal (imho) that CHT.
However, this is dependant on where you live and if you have cable TV etc. although you can generally get the internet without having the cable TV service. Most of these offer some kind of FTTx based service.

If you live further down south you can also get WiMAX, but I don’t know how good/reliable this is.

If you still want ADSL, then there are several companies that offers this, such as Far EasTone, Taiwan Mobile So-net and a couple of other providers. Most of these would run on CHT’s infrastructure to the exchange and then use their own gear from there.

I’m glad you got the help you needed when you needed it, but what was posted here wasn’t really helpful information which tends to be what he posts most of the time imho.

I suggested that they should upgrade to a faster connection with Hinet in my original reply to the OP. I’m not saying Hinet is all bad, although I had a terrible experience with them in the past, but hopefully they’ve fixed the problems they had, as that’s over a year ago.

I guess you’re not a regular here, so you don’t see the stuff that goes on here. Anyhow, shit happens, life goes on, I got what I needed to get off my chest and that’s that. I guess with some people you have to agree to disagree…

Not a regular… new in town by a few months. What shit goes on fill in the details. I was told to fuck off when I asked about Champions League games on this site. I guess that this site is run this way, a nice welcome for new comers.[/quote]

Ha ha - hope that wasn’t me! I follow Charlton Athletic so we will never be in the Champions league. I guess you are some kind of Glory Boy? LOL :laughing:

I think this thread can probably be closed?

I for one have been very happy with CHT 10/2 Fiber. It is the first internet I have seen which will let me use nearly the full advertised bandwidth. Nothing like seeing all my torrents d/l at over 1mbs.

For the OP, you do need a faster internet connection. What you have now is pretty slow.

If you wish to torrent relatively safely, consider using iPredator. It is from the folks who own the pirate bay. It is a VPN that supposedly keeps no record of your ip address.

You should also consider private trackers. Some groups have very good communities that get the newest stuff fast yet are safe because they are invite only. Rights holders generally jump into public trackers and check who is in the swarm and catch you. The only hitch here is one must usually keep a certain ratio. For one particular group it is a 2:1 where 2 is what you upload.

Right gents, thanks for all your comments. I think the OP now has his answer, and it would be a good time to close the thread.

Stu
Tech Mod